Haynes Forums

Haynes Forums (http://www.haynes.co.uk/forums/index.php)
-   Announcements (http://www.haynes.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Hello! (http://www.haynes.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=2172)

mark 22nd June 2009 12:57 PM

Hello!

Ive been lurking around this forum since january so thought its about time i said hello:) i have finished chassis, wishbones etc needed for rolling chassis but need some coilovers to get it on its wheels but im getting married in august so my budget is a bit tight until after then:eek: im using cvh initially then upgrading to zetec later like spud 69. So hopefully i will be another car on the stand at stoneleigh nxt year:cool:

fabbyglass 22nd June 2009 12:59 PM

Top of the afternoon to you

HandyAndy 22nd June 2009 01:03 PM

Hi Mark, a big welcome.

nice that you,ve got your chassis done :cool:

you live less than 3 miles from me ;) tight budget ..... likewise :D

all the best with your build.

andy

Chris Gibbs 22nd June 2009 01:17 PM

Welcome Mark !

Cheers

Chris :)

mark 22nd June 2009 02:54 PM

Thanks for the welcome guys. Yes indeed andy i live very close to you and spud, we will have to meet sometime time and look at each others builds. If you ever need any help let me know im not to bad with the ole tools! and only 5mins up the road.

HandyAndy 22nd June 2009 03:05 PM

cheers Mark, i,m sure there will be a time in next few months that i,ll need your help/knowledge of things mechanical, have you seen the thread "big day" ? well thats me & my car so far.
yeah lets meet up sometime & talk Roadster :D :D :cool:

cheers
andy

slimtater 22nd June 2009 03:09 PM

It looks like the North East have gone off football and instead are building Roadsters! ;)
Welcome Mark.

HandyAndy 22nd June 2009 03:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by slimtater (Post 16612)
It looks like the North East have gone off football and instead are building Roadsters!
Welcome Mark.

:D well Slim.... have you seen the state of the teams around here this last season ???:eek: :o its no wonder we,re all building cars, at least it,d be fun watching them rust compared to watching a local footy team lately :D

andy
ps i,m not really a footy fan anyway, thankfully with the last seasons efforts by local teams.

mark 22nd June 2009 04:18 PM

yeah andy have seen "big day" thread, looking good:) you will be finished in no time the speed your build is progressing! keep up the good work.

Im not interested in football either, fast cars are much more interesting:D

Bonzo 22nd June 2009 04:33 PM

A warm welcome.

Hi Mark

A very warm welcome to the forum :)

There will soon be enough members up North to form a club !!??

We'll have enough members down South, dreckly :D

Good luck with the rest of your build :)

Tatey 22nd June 2009 05:33 PM

I should be starting my build this week, so heres another one up north. Im just waiting for my roof rack to arrive so i can go and collect the steel and build table material.

flyerncle 22nd June 2009 05:51 PM

Me and thee's up north Tatey,they are smogeys..........:p

HandyAndy 22nd June 2009 07:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by flyerncle (Post 16621)
Me and thee's up north Tatey,they are smogeys..........:p

i,m up north & i don,t know what a "smogey" is ???? :o :confused:

tatey have you ordered your roof rack & steel? i,m in your area on wednesday if you want to collect your steel inside/on top of my van?

andy

Tatey 22nd June 2009 07:15 PM

Andy, i ordered my roof rack on sunday night but im not sure when its going to arrive, its either tues, wed or thurs. Im yet to order my steel though as im not sure when it is that i can collect it, im not in too much of a hurry to get the steel though as i'll still need to build myself a build table as well as practise my welding some more by making a shelving unit for my garage. Thanks very much for the offer though, one day i'll take you up on one of your offers, if only everyone was more willing to help out a stranger like you, then this country wouldnt be going down the pan lol.

HandyAndy 22nd June 2009 07:23 PM

no prob mate, i,m in your area quite often, i have a van with a proper roof rack (commercial type thingy), can fit 10ft inside & about 13ft on top in lengths.
just shout when you wish to collect the steel or your build board, tho i have my build board available too if you want that? (propped up inside my garage without legs on it tho )

"he who helps others will one day be helped by others too",

thats how i see it anyhow.

all the best

andy

Tatey 22nd June 2009 08:13 PM

The build board sounds like a great idea to me. Im planning on putting it ontop of a table i have at the moment, so your build board would suite me perfectly.

spud69 22nd June 2009 08:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mark (Post 16598)
Ive been lurking around this forum since january so thought its about time i said hello:) i have finished chassis, wishbones etc needed for rolling chassis but need some coilovers to get it on its wheels but im getting married in august so my budget is a bit tight until after then:eek: im using cvh initially then upgrading to zetec later like spud 69. So hopefully i will be another car on the stand at stoneleigh nxt year:cool:

Hello Mark,

Sounds like a bloody good plan to me, but be warned when you get near the end and see it finishing then get it on the road and want more power its all "bollox to the budget", 'tis very addictive like....:D. But seriously you get a top notch performing / handling car for your 3 to 4k, bloody good value to me.

I'm just in Hartlepool so if you need any help or just a blast out then just give me a shout.

BTW football's crap wherever you live..........

mark 22nd June 2009 08:43 PM

Thanks spud, would love a blast out sometime just to see what the finished car is like.

HandyAndy 22nd June 2009 08:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mark (Post 16631)
Thanks spud, would love a blast out sometime just to see what the finished car is like.

Spud,s car is very very nice, :D :cool:

nice colour too :D :D

andy

les g 22nd June 2009 10:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by spud69 (Post 16629)
Hello Mark,

Sounds like a bloody good plan to me, but be warned when you get near the end and see it finishing then get it on the road and want more power its all "bollox to the budget", 'tis very addictive like....:D. But seriously you get a top notch performing / handling car for your 3 to 4k, bloody good value to me.

I'm just in Hartlepool so if you need any help or just a blast out then just give me a shout.

BTW football's crap wherever you live..........

spud if you charged £10 a blast you would soon have loadsa dosh for more power upgrades :D LOL
cheers les g

HandyAndy 22nd June 2009 10:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by les g (Post 16644)
spud if you charged £10 a blast you would soon have loadsa dosh for more power upgrades :D LOL
cheers les g

Hey Les .........sssshhhhhhh don,t tell him that , my budget,s tight enough as it is !! :eek: :D :D

andy

spud69 22nd June 2009 11:58 PM

Payment is more than enough when you see peoples faces as you dart past 3 cars in a 50 yard gap. Even Michael Jackson couldn't go that white so quickly....:D

HandyAndy 23rd June 2009 12:04 AM

Spud,
it was the ride out in your car the first time that CONFIRMED my wish to build one, :cool: ;)

just about getting colour back into my cheeks !!! the ones on my face too :D

andy

mark 23rd June 2009 08:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by spud69 (Post 16660)
Payment is more than enough when you see peoples faces as you dart past 3 cars in a 50 yard gap. Even Michael Jackson couldn't go that white so quickly....:D

I used to do that to my mates when i had my 420bhp 300zx twin turbo :)
Almost had one of em pass out on me when your on the exciting side of 150! I had to get rid in the end tho coz it couldnt cope forever with that power as had standard pistons etc :( miss that rush so hence the roadster build, all the thrills on a small budget with a cheap engine! makes me smile just thinking about it :D Chris Gibbs and Martin keenan have done a superb job, just wish id come across the book sooner.

HandyAndy 23rd June 2009 09:00 AM

Hi Mark,
you said in your first post you are using the cvh engine, which one ? the 1600 or the same one i,m using , the 1800cvh from my donor sierra ?

having been out in Spud,s car a few times now i can honestly say its amazing :eek: :D with over 300bhp per ton it certainly doesn,t hang about, & thats why i plan to go the same route with the 2ltr zetec as Spud has, & the cornering is like its on tracks,
all the best with your build ( any plans on body colour yet? tango orange maybe) :cool:

andy

mark 23rd June 2009 09:29 AM

Im using the 1800 same as you but gonna run bike carbs/megajolt coz the standard carb/ingnition system is pants :rolleyes: and then when i change to zetec i will already have megajolt wired in and bike carbs at the ready for a formula1 style change ;) dont get me wrong il leave the cvh in for a while if its any good as it only had 65k on it and ran lovely but will end up zetec sooner or later depending on how good the cvh turns out to be.

Im aware of the complications with the cooling when not using the standard inlet manifold but done the same as wrigglypig n popped out a core plug that the water passes n made a new thermostat housing and blocked off the outlet that used to go thru the middle of inlet manifold :cool:

mark 23rd June 2009 09:30 AM

oh yeah maybe bumble bee yellow n black :D

HandyAndy 23rd June 2009 09:38 AM

wow you certainly know your stuff :eek: :D
how do you fancy coming over at some time & help me sort my engine install ??;)
likewise on engine, mines 90k miles with full service history(got all receipts) plus the service book etc so hopefully it,ll do for a little while.
i hope to be installing the engine by end of July. so any help/advice would be greatly appreciated :)

cheers
andy
ps, like the colour choice , my bike racing colours.

mark 23rd June 2009 10:00 AM

just let me know when im happy to help:) going away now 4 a couple of days :cool: so c u all later!

HandyAndy 23rd June 2009 10:02 AM

ok thanks :cool:

andy

flyerncle 23rd June 2009 05:07 PM

You are close enough to the Boro to be a smoggy Andy !