Haynes Forums

Haynes Forums (http://www.haynes.co.uk/forums/index.php)
-   Announcements (http://www.haynes.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Suspension bolt kit group buy (http://www.haynes.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=4243)

Bonzo 11th May 2010 08:20 PM

Bolt kit update

Here's a quick update for all

First a final list of the fastenings that will be included with each kit.

M12 X 260mm Blots X 2 ( Rear Uprights )

M12 X 200mm bolts X 2 ( Dif Mounting Bolts )

M12 X 75mm bolts X 20 ( Wishbone's, rear Camber adjuster & lower shock bolt )

M12 X 60mm bolts X 6 ( Upper rear & front shock bolts )

M12 Nyloc nuts X 30 ( One for each bolt )

M12 Plain flat washers ( 2.5mm thick ) X 60 ( Two for each bolt )

M12 Black Plastic nut covers X 60 ( Two for each Bolt )

All bolts are 8.8 Grade, High Tensile & are Bright Zinc Plated .... Nuts & washers are Bright Zinc Plated

-------------------------------

A couple of points to note:

I have increased the length of the main wishbone bolts from 70mm to 75mm

When I bolted up a suspension bracket that was pre-fitted with a crush tube It was touch & go with the 70mm bolt, with a washer fitted either end of the bolt, only two threads were showing. ( Might be a little close for comfort for some folk )

I think it was best to opt for a 75mm bolt length & use a Type P Nyloc nut, at 14mm thick I feel it is better suited for bolting up the suspension as opposed to the standard Type T Nyloc nut ( 12mm thick )
Giving it a little more thought, the thicker Type P Nyloc nut is the normal standard commonly found on the suspension components of production cars.

At 260mm long, the Two rear upright bolts will be over long & will require the thread trimming back a little, not such a bad thing as this will leave more of the bolts shank inside the upright.
After looking at a 240mm bolt, when using the thicker Nyloc nut, it come up slightly short
Long bolts are normally available in increments of 10mm, unfortunately the nearest, next size up available from stock is 260mm.

I have spoke to my local stockist & he is confident that he can match the best price I had obtained online .... If this is the case, the rear upright bolts will be 250mm long ( Less to trim, if at all needed ) :)

Kit Price

Each kit will be £25 inclusive of postage

I tried very hard to get it much lower than this but alas, the postage cost, at £6 per kit, has greatly added to the final cost :(

For those not wishing to recieve the nut covers, the kit price will be £22.50 inclusive of postage.

Some interest was shown in having a set of plain nuts included to assist in the test fitting of the suspension.

If required by anyone, the additional cost will be £2.50 in order to cover the cost of 30 X M12 Plain nuts ( Bright Zinc Plated )

Please let me know in good time if you require the addition of a set of plain nuts.

Finally

I will be ordering enough fixings to make up 15 complete sets

This means there are still Two kits available ;)

Hopefully, all of you folks will think the price is very reasonable & a good deal cheaper than sourcing the fixings in low quantitys for a singel build :)

As ever, any comments or questions will be welcomed.

KenK 11th May 2010 09:26 PM

All sounds good to me. Can i have the full set including nut covers and spare nuts.

Cheers
Ken

spud69 11th May 2010 10:02 PM

Wow

I've hardly had time for the forum over the last week Ronnie so just seen pack your putting together, and, WOW what a hell of a comprehensive list of all fixings needed for the roadster and a hell of price. I have an account with a local fixings company and cant get prices nowhere near that.

I guess you've had all 15 of your hands snapped off......:eek:

Well Done......AndyH

Tatey 11th May 2010 10:02 PM

You've done some good work there Bonzo, a real benefit to the forum and builders alike.

Can I have the full kit including the nut covers and plain nuts please.

Also how will you be accept payment? I'm happy to send payment via Bank Transfer, to take out the money grabbing Paypal, even if you do send it via gift, they still have the money for 7 days before putting it in your account.

Cheers

Bonzo 11th May 2010 10:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by spud69 (Post 38101)
I've hardly had time for the forum over the last week Ronnie so just seen pack your putting together, and, WOW what a hell of a comprehensive list of all fixings needed for the roadster and a hell of price. I have an account with a local fixings company and cant get prices nowhere near that.

I guess you've had all 15 of your hands snapped off......:eek:

Well Done......AndyH

Thanks Andy

Yes I was a little surprised at the level of disscount that can be had by "Joe Bloggs " when buying in bulk.

Fortunately, The last company I worked for, bought all of their fixings in 10's of thousands :eek:
So had a good education of just how cheaply fixings are manufactured ;)

KenK & Tatey

I have added the items requested to the list.

Once I have all the fixings here, I will PM everyone with the payment details :)

onedayTM 11th May 2010 10:49 PM

Hi ronnie,
job well done it takes alot of time to sort things like this shopping around . Thanks for doing the hard work and please add the spare nuts to my order.
cheers,
tony.

tkpm 11th May 2010 10:57 PM

Nice one Ronnie,
please could you at plain nuts to my order please.

Terry

Bonzo 11th May 2010 11:03 PM

Tony & Terry

I have adjusted your nuts :eek: :D :D

List updated :)

ozzy1 12th May 2010 12:52 AM

I'll take one also.
(will supply uk postal address when req!!:D )

Hoybi 12th May 2010 05:18 AM

one set sent to Belgium ?

Hello Ronny,

Great initiative this is and as you can see from the many reactions, something that is appreciated.

Can you send one set to Belgium please ?
No nut covers, no M12 nuts.

I'm prepared to pay in advance into your bank account.

Enoch 12th May 2010 08:37 AM

Good work Ronnie!! Excellent price for what you have come up with. Sadly I have already done mine at a much higher price:(
For a tight fisted git like me, I can't tell you how much that hurts:D
Good work that man!!

Bonzo 12th May 2010 09:37 AM

Hoybi

PM sent to you :)

----------------

Ozzy1

Do you want nut covers & plain nuts with the set ? :)

ozzy1 12th May 2010 10:46 AM

Just the bolt set thanks.

Bonzo 12th May 2010 11:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Enoch (Post 38127)
Good work Ronnie!! Excellent price for what you have come up with. Sadly I have already done mine at a much higher price:(
For a tight fisted git like me, I can't tell you how much that hurts:D
Good work that man!!

That's got to be gutting for you mate.

I initialy priced up a single set for myself using ebay as a guide to prices .... Nearly had fit when I saw the total :eek:
In fact, I used several, not so nice swear words :D

Ozzy1

Okey Dokey

Bonzo 16th May 2010 09:38 AM

Quick Update

Just to give folk a quick update.

All of the stock has been ordered, the longer bolt's were not a standard stock item & had a 2 day lead time.
Was kinda hoping they would arrive for this weekend but they have been dispatched & sould be here Mon/Tues :)

I have orderd enough stock to cover 15 sets + nut covers & plain nut's for those that want them .

As soon as they are here i'll message all on the list to let them know :)

Here's the list as it stands

1: Bonzo + nut covers ** PAID **

2: Tatey + nut covers + Plain nut set ** PAID **

3: Greasemonkey + nut covers + Plain nut set ** PAID ** + Shipped

4: KenK + nut covers + Plain nut set ** PAID ** + Shipped

5: les g + nut covers ** PAID ** + Shipped

6: HandyAndy + nut covers ** PAID **

7: CarlKnight1982 + nut covers ** PAID ** + Shipped

8: David 17 + nut covers & plain nuts ** PAID ** * + Shipped

9: Luke2482 + nut covers ** PAID ** + Shipped

10: Ginger Nutter + nut covers ** PAID ** + Shipped

11: Geeman + nut covers ** PAID ** + Shipped

12: Tkpm + nut covers + Plain nut set ** PAID ** + Shipped

13: onedayTM + nut covers + Plain nut set ** PAID ** + Shipped

14: Ozzy1 ** PAID ** + Shipped

15: Hoybi ** PAID ** + Shipped

If I have left nut covers or plain nuts from your name, let me know as there will be enough to cover all that want them ;)

Tatey 16th May 2010 12:17 PM

Cheers for the update Bonzo, once again it's great work you've done here. I remember when I first joined, people mentioned that nuts and bolts would set me back around £100, and here you are providing them for just over £25 :D.

Bonzo 17th May 2010 06:39 PM

Arrived today

As expected, all of the fixings have arrived today .... My kitchen now resembles the counter at my local Hardware store :D

Here's a picture of how the set looks for those that wanted nut covers & plain nut set

I'll try to PM everyone on the list this evening to confirm payment & postage details :)

Just as soon as the fixings are all sorted into sets, i'll pack them ready to send out ;)

John Marchant 17th May 2010 10:09 PM

Looks like great value but I mayhave missed the boat. Please put me down for a set if you have any spare. Manythanks
John

Bonzo 17th May 2010 10:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by John Marchant (Post 38362)
Looks like great value but I mayhave missed the boat. Please put me down for a set if you have any spare. Manythanks
John

Hi John

Unfortunatley I only ordered enough bolts to cover the 15 sets :(

If I can find enough interest to shift another 10 sets I would be more than happy to arrange another buy ;)

I dare say there are other bolts that are needed during the build .... 8 High tensile 12.9 button cap bolts for the roll bar springs to mind.

Bolts are so much cheaper when bought in bulk :) :)

eSteve 18th May 2010 07:55 AM

Me too, for next time!

Bonzo,

you've done a great deal there.

I, like John, missed the boat.

Would you please put me down on the your next list if you get another 10 interested.

Thanks,

EDIT: To include: nut covers + plain nut set, please.

Bonzo 18th May 2010 08:53 PM

Hi Folks

Here's an update for this evening :)

I have updated the list above to acknowledge the payments recieved to date.

Unfortunately I was called out today to repair a piece of agricultural equipment .... Took well longer than expected as it was well mangled :eek:

As a result, i have done no packing today.

I have all day tomorrow free & will package all of the bolt kits up & will arrange courier collection of all paid kits for Thursday :cool:

For all of you that may have missed out on this group buy.
Once I have sent out all of the kits, I am happy to arrange another group buy if there is enough interest.

As before, it will need to be at least 10 kits in order to keep the prices the same :)

David_17 19th May 2010 09:33 AM

you have PM ;)

TQ_uk 19th May 2010 01:03 PM

Count me in for a set if you do another batch please:)
Full set (ie with covers & plain nuts)

Bonzo 19th May 2010 01:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TQ_uk (Post 38423)
Count me in for a set if you do another batch please:)
Full set (ie with covers & plain nuts)

I'll put you on my mental list, another goup buy certainly looks to be on the cards :) :)

David

Pm replied to :)

Bonzo 24th May 2010 09:31 PM

Bolt kit update

Hi folks

Sorry for the much belated update of the latest progress .... Meant to do this ages ago :o

Things have been rather hectic in the Bonzo household over the last few days .... Would have been nice if it was on my build but sorry to report .... Blooming Gardening dutys & preparing the Transit, Ready for Ebays free listing day :rolleyes:

Any how !!

11 sets of bolts were collected from me last Thursday ( 20th ), all sets paid for before then have been sent.
They were sent via an ecconomy service ( 3 working days ) .... All being well, they should be arriving with you in the next day or Two.

Greasemonkey .... Your set left me this morning, I missed the deadline for Fridays collection & have upgraded yours to next day delivery. So should be with you on Tuesday.

On reflection, it probably would have been best to send them all out on a next day service, sadly I didn't realise that it was only just over £1 more expensive :o

If there are any problems, just holler in my direction :)

spud69 24th May 2010 09:56 PM

I'm sure there'll be no problems..

Thanks Ronnie.......AndyH

Wgroove 25th May 2010 10:40 AM

Hi Ronnie,
As i told you via PM -> you can count me in for a full package of bolts and nuts when you organise a second group buy.

Thanks,

Wim

Bonzo 25th May 2010 12:00 PM

Hi Wim

Another 10 sets are definately on the cards, I believe there is enough interest in them ;) :cool:

Once I know that eveyone has recived the ones I have sent out, i'll get on the case :) :)

roadster v8 25th May 2010 09:16 PM

Suspension bolt kit group buy

Suspension bolt kit count me in full set with covers and plan nut

Bonzo 25th May 2010 09:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by roadster v8 (Post 38895)
Suspension bolt kit count me in full set with covers and plan nut

Not a problem, i'll get on the case ASAP :) :)

On the next group buy, i'll offer a next day delivery option for an extra £1 .... The ecconomy service provided by MyHermes is looking like it's a tad slow :rolleyes:

I'll keep this thread up to date folks :)

mr-p 25th May 2010 09:32 PM

Ronnie,

You can count me in for a set, although at the moment it looks like i may not need them for a while. :D

Cheers Tom

tkpm 26th May 2010 01:18 PM

Thanks Ronnie,

Bolts turned up this morning.

Terry

ginger nutter 26th May 2010 01:37 PM

Bolt just arrived

Thanks Ronnie

Bonzo 26th May 2010 01:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tkpm (Post 38937)
Thanks Ronnie,

Bolts turned up this morning.

Terry

Cheers for leting me know Terry :D

To say I am a tad dissapointed with the courier would be an understatement :(

As far as I know, your's are the first ones to turn up & they all left me last Thursday :eek:

I tracked all of the parcels this morning, according to the tracking information, all of them are either out for delivery or out for delivery to local courier.
With a little luck, a few more will arrive today.

Tis the first time I have used " MyHermes " & probably the last .... Their service is just too slow in order to save a £1 on the cost of next day delivery using the likes of Parcelmonkey :rolleyes:

Bonzo 26th May 2010 01:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ginger nutter (Post 38938)
Bolt just arrived

Thanks Ronnie

I hope there was more than just one :eek: :D

Thanks for leting me know GN :)

Mr P

I have added you to my mental list Tom :)

geeman 26th May 2010 02:32 PM

Just received mine, Thanks Bonzo!!

Tatey 26th May 2010 03:01 PM

I'm still waiting :(. Could you check that mine has been sent out for delivery bonzo? (NE43 7PG)

Luke2842 26th May 2010 06:29 PM

Just recieved my set. Thanks Bonzo for sorting it all out, great help!!

Luke

greasemonkey 26th May 2010 07:58 PM

:D thanks bonzo 9am tuesday morning they arrived

thanks for your time and effort making these sets up!!

David_17 26th May 2010 08:00 PM

Mine arrived today too. Big thanks ronnie ;)