Haynes Forums

Haynes Forums (http://www.haynes.co.uk/forums/index.php)
-   Bodywork and interior (http://www.haynes.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   Seats Fixed or Not? (http://www.haynes.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=8086)

Deanno 21st May 2012 10:09 PM

Seats Fixed or Not?

Do the seats have to be on runners or can they be fixed?

Thanks
Dean

twinturbo 21st May 2012 10:44 PM

if Mr IVA is a short Assss then fixed will be a problem..

TT

ayjay 21st May 2012 11:14 PM

Thought I would have an adjustable runner for the drivers side and fix the passenger seat------MISTAKE!:mad:

I need to build up the passenger side coz it looks horrible at a different level and it would be handy anyway to be able to carry stuff behind the pass. seat.
I may as well have done it in the first place( just ordered another one from kit parts £20.00):o

Had a go at making some stone guards for the rear wings from some ally bits.I reckon they look neat.(£30. odd quid on fleabay yoravinalarf)

Deanno 22nd May 2012 08:06 AM

I thought if it's your car and the seats are bolted into place to suit you that would be ok?

deezee 22nd May 2012 02:10 PM

The IVA allows for seats to be fixed in place. Infact it refers to it directly under Note 8 of Section 15 'Seat Strength'. With regards to the headrest being attached to the roll bar, is only acceptable if the seat is fixed, with no adjustment.

matt2223 22nd May 2012 08:26 PM

as you now have to be able to adjust the seat for the MOT where do you stand if its fixed?

rapidtornado 22nd May 2012 11:25 PM

I got a set of Metro seat runners for sale if you are interested £25

deezee 23rd May 2012 09:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by matt2223 (Post 73877)
as you now have to be able to adjust the seat for the MOT where do you stand if its fixed?

New rules are to the effect of 'If its fitted, it must work'. If you have no adjustment in your seat, its fine. If you have adjusters and they are stuck, its a fail.

brainbug007 23rd May 2012 12:35 PM

I'm thinking of using the center rear seat x 2 out of the old renault megan scenics. They fit nice and the seat's are designed to be easily removed so fitting them should be really easy. The runners are pretty much built into the seat and have a sort of c shaped jaws on them that slot onto 2 round bars on the floor of the car (one at the front & back of the seat so to speak). So fitting them to the roadster should just be a case of welding the two bars in for the runners to lock into. Only bit I have to figure out is how to stop the headrest going down too far as i think its below the minimum required from the cushion u sit on so to speak.

Deanno 24th May 2012 09:59 AM

cheers for all your reply's.

rapidtornado: thanks for the offer but i already have runners but it make the seats high as the bolts are moulded into the seats rather than the nuts in the seats (If that makes sence). hence why i asked regarding fixing the seats.