Haynes Forums

Haynes Forums (http://www.haynes.co.uk/forums/index.php)
-   Announcements (http://www.haynes.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Stots Build Thread (http://www.haynes.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=12492)

Stot 8th February 2013 10:38 PM

Stots Build Thread

Been lurking a while but I have some photos so figured I should do a build thread.

I build a Sylva Jester pre SVA and have missed owning a kit car so thought the Haynes Roadster would fit the bill, so I set about finding a donor and bought a flat pack.

I'm going for a very classic looking build, KAR120C style so no carbon or digital gauges etc.

Hopefully the car will compliment my Royal Enfield Bullet.

On with the pics.

Got My Donor as it failed MOT for rust. 115000 miles and drives fine.

Spent a weekend stripping out the interior and engine bay and then lifted the shell off the following weekend.

Knackering work...

Stot 8th February 2013 10:40 PM

Striped the subframes, PPF and engine and chained the engine up for a few nights.

Subframes and shell are going to Phil at Talon so he can use them to jig up his new project. Phil is doing me the wishbones in return. Bonus!

Spent a few days striping the hubs and uprights. I have a sand blaster so I striped it all down and painted them up in smooth black and hammered green.

Amazing how much crap accumulates on these parts.

I have all the front running gear painted now and starting the rear parts this weekend.

Cheers
Stot

ayjay 8th February 2013 11:19 PM

Hi Stot

Looks like a good start--Very satisfying to turn cruddy old parts into lovely shiny ones:) :)

Talonmotorsport 9th February 2013 12:38 AM

Makes a change to get a clean collection for once, I usually pull my projects and donor cars from 4" of liquid mud or it's up side down in a ditch covered in 'police aware' stickers.

K4KEV 9th February 2013 01:29 AM

strong solid progress there bud.... keep it up, nice to see another build take shape.

Stot 9th February 2013 09:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Talonmotorsport (Post 88435)
Makes a change to get a clean collection for once, I usually pull my projects and donor cars from 4" of liquid mud or it's up side down in a ditch covered in 'police aware' stickers.

I could arrange that if it makes you more comfortable. ;)

Cheers
Stot

Dualist 9th February 2013 10:39 AM

That's a great start mate, loving the pics :)

Stot 16th February 2013 06:30 PM

I reamed the uprights today. Glad I have a lathe or this would have taken hours!

Stot 16th February 2013 06:31 PM

I also got some more welding done on my chassis before I ran out of gas. :rolleyes:

Its not far off. Transmission tunnel and suspension brackets mainly.

Cheers
Stot

Eternal 16th February 2013 06:36 PM

Nice work! All looking very smart cant wait to see more :)

Oh don't suppose you have the plug that goes to the fuel sender spare? If so let me know as I'm trying to find one.