Haynes Forums

Haynes Forums (http://www.haynes.co.uk/forums/index.php)
-   General discussion (http://www.haynes.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   HandyAndy (http://www.haynes.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=12201)

irondoctor 14th December 2012 10:41 PM

HandyAndy

1 Attachment(s)
Hi to all
It is with sadness I make my first posts on this forum to ask for information on a fellow member.
In late September swapped Emails with Andy re-flat pack chassis, On Oct 1 ordered chassis, CP & wishbone brackets, and paid my money. When asked for an update Oct 23 got Email saying I have just got out of hospital after 8 days, will update you in a couple of days.
Spud69 put Andys car up for sale with a contact number on Nov 5, rang it and he said he had a few problems and needed a little more time. Since then no contact, I have Emailed, text & phoned to no avail.
Please could anyone in the know PM or Email me with an address for Andy and why no contact can be made.
Very much in the dark down here in Lincolnshire, and my build table is getting lonely without a chassis.!!!!

Kind Regards David

The V8 Files 14th December 2012 11:04 PM

David, drop spud a pm, I'm pretty sure he is in contact with Andy and to be honest I've been thinking over the last couple of days we haven't heard how he's doing for a little while.

Not sure if your aware but he lost his mum a while ago and he's not really managed to get back into things yet.

I've met him once and can only say I have 100% confidence you will get sorted.

twinturbo 14th December 2012 11:44 PM

likewise, met Handy a few times and he is a gent, but had a very rough year.

Spuds your best route.

TT

AshG 15th December 2012 12:29 AM

unfortunately andy has fallen on hard times, his mother that he had been caring for over the last couple of years passed away quite recently. last time i spoke to him he said he was on the mend but seemed pretty upset still (understandable) . im sure he wont run off with your money as he is straight as an arrow but there are a lot of very difficult circumstances around his mums passing that he has told me in strict confidence and it would be very unfair to broadcast them to all and sundry on the internet.

I will pass your message on to him

Talonmotorsport 15th December 2012 10:55 AM

I have been asked by another forum(s) member if I would step in and help supply a flat pack to help David (Irondoctor) start his build. As it is Christmas I will do this at cost if fellow members will donate to the cost of the materials as I can not currently cover this due to things being slow.

£40 Postage very kindly donated by Bruce aka The V8 Files

Only a mear £80 needed for materials donations of £10 would be nice so who else wants to do their good deed for the day as it's Christmas?

ayjay 15th December 2012 12:03 PM

Im in --how do I pay?(well done Phil);)

Bonzo 15th December 2012 12:16 PM

Great gesture of goodwill Phil.

Count me in for £25 :)

Drop me a message on either forum with the payment details & i'll sort it pronto. :)

Big Vern 15th December 2012 12:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by irondoctor (Post 86830)
Hi to all
It is with sadness I make my first posts on this forum to ask for information on a fellow member.
In late September swapped Emails with Andy re-flat pack chassis, On Oct 1 ordered chassis, CP & wishbone brackets, and paid my money. When asked for an update Oct 23 got Email saying I have just got out of hospital after 8 days, will update you in a couple of days.
Spud69 put Andys car up for sale with a contact number on Nov 5, rang it and he said he had a few problems and needed a little more time. Since then no contact, I have Emailed, text & phoned to no avail.
Please could anyone in the know PM or Email me with an address for Andy and why no contact can be made.
Very much in the dark down here in Lincolnshire, and my build table is getting lonely without a chassis.!!!!

Kind Regards David

That explains why I haven't heard anything

tkpm 15th December 2012 02:31 PM

I'll donate £25 as well.
Let us know how you want paying Phill
Terry

Talonmotorsport 15th December 2012 02:42 PM

Ask for £10 and get £25 donations well knock me down with a feather who says recession kills charity!

10 hours labour donated by me/Talon
£40 postage donated by Bruce aka Dad_of_seven/The V8 Files
£25 donated by Ronnie/Bonzo
£25 donated by Terry/tkpm
£25 donated by Adrian/Ajay

so all done then.