Haynes Forums

Haynes Forums (http://www.haynes.co.uk/forums/index.php)
-   Chassis (http://www.haynes.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Jig for camber adjusters on front wishbones? (http://www.haynes.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=12965)

Joelove 22nd September 2013 10:12 PM

Jig for camber adjusters on front wishbones?

Anybody got a revised jig dimentions for the front upper wishbones with camber adjuster?
I ask this because I've got some adjusters and the are obviously wider than the standard threaded tube and mine are 65mm in length but the tube in the book is 60mm?

TheArf 23rd September 2013 09:19 AM

Can you not shorten them to the book speck

Arfon

Joelove 23rd September 2013 12:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheArf (Post 93818)
Can you not shorten them to the book speck

Arfon

I could but it still wouldn't solve the issue of them being wider

TheArf 23rd September 2013 04:34 PM

What Dia. are they then, do you know anyone with a lathe and ask them to turn them down to the right dia.

Arfon

Talonmotorsport 23rd September 2013 06:04 PM

Do the inner threaded sections fit inside the outer sleaves that the arms weld to? It does not matter if the adjusters are longer or wider as long as the bush tubes and the ball joints still fall in the same places as the book ones.

Joelove 23rd September 2013 08:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Talonmotorsport (Post 93825)
Do the inner threaded sections fit inside the outer sleaves that the arms weld to? It does not matter if the adjusters are longer or wider as long as the bush tubes and the ball joints still fall in the same places as the book ones.

Yes they do, I was just concerned about keeping the wishbone arms at the same angle and degrees as the original plans

TheArf 24th September 2013 11:55 AM

Hi Joe,
If you want, you can post them to me, I will machine them to length and dia. for you then if you arrange for collection.
All it will cost you is the postage each way, I will do the machining in work for you

Arfon

alga 24th September 2013 09:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Joelove (Post 93828)
Yes they do, I was just concerned about keeping the wishbone arms at the same angle and degrees as the original plans

I agree with Talon, angles don't matter as long as the attachments are at the right positions relative to each other.

Joelove 24th September 2013 10:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheArf (Post 93839)
Hi Joe,
If you want, you can post them to me, I will machine them to length and dia. for you then if you arrange for collection.
All it will cost you is the postage each way, I will do the machining in work for you

Arfon

Thank you very much mate for the offer, but my mates making a jig up now as he is fitting camber adjusters now too

Joelove 24th September 2013 11:09 PM

P.s Arfon
I've looked at you photobucket pictures,
How did you get your parts looking so good? What did you use to remove the rust and what paint?
Regards joe