Haynes Forums

Haynes Forums (http://www.haynes.co.uk/forums/index.php)
-   Announcements (http://www.haynes.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Suspension bolt kit group buy (http://www.haynes.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=4243)

Tatey 9th May 2010 05:32 PM

Bonzo i've had an idea, i'm not sure if others will want to to it. But what about also including the required number of plain M12 nuts, so that we can save the nylocs for the final fitting and just use plain nuts, since they will need to be taken off and put back on multiple times?

Bonzo 9th May 2010 05:34 PM

Ok Les :)

I'll get on the case in the morning.

In the meanwhile, i'll double check the bolt lengths are correct .... Don't want too much thread showing or even worse, not enough ;)

With a little luck, I can get all of the fixings in during next week :cool:

Bonzo 9th May 2010 05:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tatey (Post 37848)
Bonzo i've had an idea, i'm not sure if others will want to to it. But what about also including the required number of plain M12 nuts, so that we can save the nylocs for the final fitting and just use plain nuts, since they will need to be taken off and put back on multiple times?

I havn't got a problem doing that Tatey

Buying in bulk, the plain BZP full nuts work out about 5p each ;)

Quite happy to make each order up to suit the individual within reason :)

Tis time I stocked up the workshop anyways .... stacks of set bolts here but not a lot else :eek:

HandyAndy 9th May 2010 05:56 PM

can i have a full set too please, mine have been on and off too many times so time for a new set,
covers too please.

thanks

andy

Bonzo 9th May 2010 06:10 PM

No problem Andy

Added to the list mate .... Now get your thinking head on & help me work out how many nut covers are likely to be needed for each car's suspension :D :D

1: Bonzo + nut covers

2: Tatey + nut covers

3: Greasemonkey

4: KenK

5: les g + nut covers

6: HandyAndy + nut covers

7: CarlKnight1982 + nut covers

HandyAndy 9th May 2010 06:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bonzo (Post 37852)
No problem Andy

.... Now get your thinking head on & help me work out how many nut covers are likely to be needed for each car's suspension :D :D

Ok will do :)
but don,t forget that the IVA man doesn,t require nut covers on bolts/nuts that are not reachable with the radius sphere, in fact i,ve read somewhere that an IVA tester likes to see the head of bolts & lock nuts showing the strength stamp without having to remove a cover to check.

cheers
andy

Bonzo 9th May 2010 06:21 PM

Yes I have read that too .... My intention is to take all of my nut covers with me at the time of IVA & fit them once the tester has inspected the fixings ;)

HandyAndy 9th May 2010 06:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bonzo (Post 37855)
Yes I have read that too .... My intention is to take all of my nut covers with me at the time of IVA & fit them once the tester has inspected the fixings ;)

That is a very good idea :cool:
its always a good idea to cover ones nuts :D

cheers
andy

dogwood 9th May 2010 06:41 PM

Just a point on exposing you're nuts.....:eek:
On Ash's test, the dear tester made us remove all the covers.
So Ash had to completely expose his nuts.
It was bloody freezing that day as well......:rolleyes: :D

Bonzo 9th May 2010 06:55 PM

Trust you David :D :D

That's probably where I read about exposing your nuts.

Twas about then I hatched the cunning plan to leave my nuts exposed for the tester & cover them up once he'd seen them :eek: :D