Haynes Forums

Haynes Forums (http://www.haynes.co.uk/forums/index.php)
-   Electrics (http://www.haynes.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Mirrors??? (http://www.haynes.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=1250)

spud69 14th December 2008 09:37 AM

Mirrors???

I've read somewhere that SVA needs two methods of looking behind which need to be adjustable from the driving position, from that i assume that two wing mirrors wouldn't be adequate, unless you have a very long left arm. Yet Chris's car doesn't show a center mirror. Do you need one or not??

Thanks

frankie boy 14th December 2008 10:14 AM

HI
At SVA there you need to be able to see all the marking behind you in your mirrors.
So if your side mirrors cover this you wouldn’t need central mirror. But I would take that chance. You could always remove it after.

Chris Gibbs 14th December 2008 02:14 PM

The prototype had a central mirror for the SVA test, most of the pictures for the book were taken before the miror was fitted. You will need a central mirror, I'm having to fit one to my single seater even though you wont see anything but the driver in it!

Cheers

Chris :)

fabbyglass 14th December 2008 05:00 PM

You are kidding right? That will look proper pants besides a complete waste of time and effort...:confused:

spud69 14th December 2008 06:05 PM

Cheers,

I think i'll put a stick on a sticky one rather than having to drill the scuttle. I prefer the look without.

les g 14th December 2008 08:16 PM

you will need a mirror for doing your hair after a drive lol
les g

Chris Gibbs 14th December 2008 08:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fabbyglass (Post 8268)
You are kidding right? That will look proper pants besides a complete waste of time and effort...:confused:

No, I've spoken to the tester about it. He sugested sticking it on the dash.

It's because the regulations state the car "should be fitted with a central and offside mirror........."

Mad innit?

Cheers

fabbyglass 14th December 2008 08:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chris Gibbs (Post 8305)
No, I've spoken to the tester about it. He sugested sticking it on the dash.

It's because the regulations state the car "should be fitted with a central and offside mirror........."

Mad innit?

Cheers

Completely barking that is

Mark

3GE Components 14th December 2008 08:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chris Gibbs (Post 8262)
The prototype had a central mirror for the SVA test, most of the pictures for the book were taken before the miror was fitted. You will need a central mirror, I'm having to fit one to my single seater even though you wont see anything but the driver in it!

Cheers

At least you'll be able to put your lipstick on while on the move Chris ;)

Regards

John

Chris Gibbs 14th December 2008 09:07 PM

That reminds me, what colour eyeshadow will I need to match the car?

(I'm going to get you at playtime)

Cheers