Haynes Forums

Haynes Forums (http://www.haynes.co.uk/forums/index.php)
-   Running gear (http://www.haynes.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Tapered reamer, yes again! (http://www.haynes.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=3810)

AshG 8th March 2010 11:13 PM

i know what you mean tt. luckily i dont live right in rochester just near it :D

nice and quiet where I am in fact too quiet because the moaner nextdoor keeps moaning at me for making noise :D

lived in central Coventry for 5 years and I would rather be in Kent given the choice :D

Davey 9th March 2010 06:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tilly819 (Post 33491)
if you are over need melton mowbray only about an hour and half from telford just past leicestor in the nead future bring the uprights over and il do them for you in the milling machine... would just lend you the reamer but iv modified it slightly and as a result it can no longer be used by hand

tilly

Thanks Tilly, I'll bear that in mind if it turns out that no one in west mids has one to pass on. I'm just not likely to be in your neck of the woods anytime soon.

D.

Davey 9th March 2010 06:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by alga (Post 33517)
Come on, it's only 3 pounds or so, and still under 10 pounds with shipping to Europe!

Yes Albert I know its only £3, less than £10 with postage and I could order it today and have it by Thursday but it just seems wasteful for all us builders to be buying our own to use them once. It just seemed that it might be possible for someone who already has one to pass it on to someone else not too far away who could buy it off them for the original price, use it then sell it on to the next builder.

I'm really not that bothered about saving a tenner, I can easily piss more than that up the wall on a Sunday afternoon:D .

D.

HandyAndy 9th March 2010 08:11 AM

I have the Axeminster reamer that Ash sent to me ( foc... owe you a pint Ash ;) )

I,d be happy to post it to anyone that needs it,

cheers
andy:)

GraemeWebb 9th March 2010 10:06 AM

Is it the same taper that is needed for the Ford Transit steering link as used in the top wishbone? Using a BMW upright so cant use std mushroom.

Big Vern 9th March 2010 03:42 PM

Is it the same taper that is needed for the Transit top BJ? As I will need to do the top of the MX-5 uprights.

HandyAndy 9th March 2010 03:48 PM

ooh, not sure, the reamer i have is the one that Ash sent me to do the sierra uprights to accept the maxi ball joints,

its the 19mm one i believe :confused: :o :D

its here if anyone needs to borrow it then send onto the next person etc.

cheers
andy

Davey 9th March 2010 06:18 PM

Cheers Andy, that's the idea:D . if nobody closer to home offers one up in the next day or so I'll take you up on the offer and cover the postage;) . i'll have to check out the thread detailing builders locations and see if there any fairly near by.

D.

HandyAndy 9th March 2010 06:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Davey (Post 33595)
Cheers Andy, that's the idea:D . if nobody closer to home offers one up in the next day or so I'll take you up on the offer and cover the postage;) . i'll have to check out the thread detailing builders locations and see if there any fairly near by.

D.

Davey....

PM me your address & i,ll get it posted off to you, buy me a doughnut at Stoneleigh ;) :cool:

cheers
andy

Davey 9th March 2010 08:32 PM

All sorted, cheers Andy. When I've done with it I'll post it on to the next user who wants it so anyone who is coming up to needing the reamer post here, first come first served :D .

D.