Haynes Forums

Haynes Forums (http://www.haynes.co.uk/forums/index.php)
-   General discussion (http://www.haynes.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   How many Roadsters being built (http://www.haynes.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=2140)

HandyAndy 20th August 2009 08:49 PM

from the recent posts being made from new members,

are there any Roadster builders out there that haven,t voted on this poll??
lets try & keep this poll up to date.

60 currently being built is a fantastic number, we,re gonna need a bigger field at the Stoneleigh show :D

andy:)

AshG 20th August 2009 09:16 PM

just seen this and thought i better sort out some more roll bars now im all settled in the new digs.

squbti 21st August 2009 02:48 PM

I started a few months ago but haveŽnt done anything since iŽve been on vacation:D but my chassis is almost done & iŽm now starting now on the suspension.
cheers
Samy

peter2482 22nd August 2009 09:11 AM

im going to be starting soon.... currently learning to weld.

HandyAndy 22nd August 2009 09:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by peter2482 (Post 20590)
im going to be starting soon.... currently learning to weld.

welcome to the forum & enjoy your build,

peter2482 24th August 2009 05:59 AM

thanks andy, me and my mate are planning on building one each, so we can help each other out as we go along, he is the good welder, but i thought id better learn, i can do all the brackets, plates etc etc at works, having access to cnc folders, punches, plasma cutter etc.

david 24th August 2009 06:44 AM

Been building for about a year on and off now and got engine started in situ the weekend before last. was a very good and rewarding moment. starting uni in sept so really trying to get as much done before then. just the cash flow which slows things down :)

HandyAndy 24th August 2009 08:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by david (Post 20716)
Been building for about a year on and off now and got engine started in situ the weekend before last. was a very good and rewarding moment. starting uni in sept so really trying to get as much done before then. just the cash flow which slows things down :)

nice one David, lets see some pics, its always nice to see other builders progress with their build, what engine are you using?
well done on getting the motor started for the first time, a very big milestone indeed.:cool:

HandyAndy 24th August 2009 08:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by peter2482 (Post 20715)
thanks andy, me and my mate are planning on building one each, so we can help each other out as we go along, he is the good welder, but i thought id better learn, i can do all the brackets, plates etc etc at works, having access to cnc folders, punches, plasma cutter etc.

sorry missed this post.

sounds like good team work, all the resources between the two of you :cool:

keep the forum posted with your progress.

HandyAndy 4th October 2009 08:19 PM

judging by the number of new builds recently started, can i ask anyone that hasn,t voted on this poll that has a build in progress/planned please cast your vote as its nice to keep this up to date,
over 70 Roadsters in progress is an amazing figure :cool:

lets hope we can get some of them together next year at Stoneleigh kit car show.

thanks
andy