Haynes Forums

Haynes Forums (http://www.haynes.co.uk/forums/index.php)
-   General discussion (http://www.haynes.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   warning water is dangerous!!! (http://www.haynes.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=3105)

gingea1pom 20th November 2009 12:22 AM

Andy,

I’m not that tough, I was in s***e state when we got to the hospital laying on the bed shaking like a leaf with shock, two loads of morphine and Ash stood to the side with his hand under the tap passing me cold compresses for my eyes.

My eyes hurt the most, oh my god they hurt, just makes you think. I don’t ever want to go through pain like that again.

Ash nice driving mate, hope you don’t get a ticket, if you do I will go halves, and you still owe me for the car park at the hospital!

HandyAndy 20th November 2009 12:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gingea1pom (Post 25379)

My eyes hurt the most, oh my god they hurt, just makes you think. I don’t ever want to go through pain like that again.

Ginge, i know what you,re thinking mate, but don,t think about what didn,t happen, (easy to say i know ).
in a strange way, at least either of you weren,t alone at the time, sounds like you both helped eachother, for that well done :cool:

andy

AshG 20th November 2009 12:51 AM

well we would have been ok as dogwood was with us too.

Bonzo 20th November 2009 02:41 AM

Omg

F**k me chaps, that looks real nasty :eek:

What pipe burst off Ash, was there an air lock in the system somewhere :confused:

Poor Ginge looks like he copped it big time :(

Hope you both make a speedy recovery, take it easy chaps, plenty of beer and R & R. :)

Land Locked 20th November 2009 06:17 AM

WOW, OUCH. I've seen a few nasties over the years from working on cars, but thats one of the worst.:eek:

Wishing you both a speedy recovery.

adrianreeve 20th November 2009 08:12 AM

Ouch!!!!! :eek: Hope you both recover soon, that looks very nasty indeed.

If you don't want to finish your build now (too many bad memories) I'll take it off your hands for £250!

Take care guys

Adrian

AshG 20th November 2009 08:13 AM

top rad hose blew off on a join. the joiner we used didnt have a bead on it which i think was the cause of the problem. ginge and i learnt the hard way i hope everyone else uses our lesson

even if it had chopped my arm off i would never sell it after all the work thats gone into it

adrianreeve 20th November 2009 08:21 AM

I'm with you Ash, after all the work I've put in, I'd sooner sell the house and live in the car!

Hope you both feel better soon.

Cheers

Adrian

londonsean69 20th November 2009 08:49 AM

Glad to see you are able to speak about it. Burns are horrific injuried, and Ginge looks like he got a right toasting.

Speedy recovery lads.

PS- Ginge, we want the gory pics:D

spud69 20th November 2009 09:06 AM

Sh*te, that's bloody awfull - and Ginge is still smiling. I had a few near misses after saying "that should do", you soon learn to not go by that philosophy. Nothing like that though.....I bet that really hurts.

"IF IN DOUBT - SORT IT OUT"