Haynes Forums

Haynes Forums (http://www.haynes.co.uk/forums/index.php)
-   SVA/Legal (http://www.haynes.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   Dvla and Iva (http://www.haynes.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=13751)

SteveH1 13th October 2015 08:22 AM

Dvla and Iva
So as im in the republic and there seems to be no way to reg a kit car here ill have to go to the the uk.
So i have a few questions

Is a q plate for a new car and do i need to have a v5 to reg it
And will i need tofit a cat to pass emission tests

flyerncle 13th October 2015 08:26 AM

You will need evidence of the donor vehicle used,so the V5 and chassis tags and number prove that and a Q may be put on it if you cant prove the original donor parts.

SteveH1 13th October 2015 08:29 AM

So can i still reg it without the doner details

flyerncle 13th October 2015 08:32 AM

I would think so,but its easier with donor details.
You don't have to keep the donor car .

SteveH1 13th October 2015 08:37 AM

Does it matter what country the doner is from

SteveH1 13th October 2015 11:58 AM

How much is it to get a vin off the dvla

vmax1974 13th October 2015 02:34 PM

Dvla vin is free just send a letter to swansea

flyerncle 13th October 2015 02:48 PM

Could be a problem due to you being in Ireland and requesting a Vin from here to there,they may direct you to your own DVSA.

SteveH1 13th October 2015 03:02 PM

I contacted people over here about it and was told i have to apply for a wmi. World manufacturer identifier. Which is 253 euro plus vat

SteveH1 13th October 2015 08:08 PM

So i asked if it was necessary to get to get a wmi and this was the response

I spoke with my colleague and he confirmed that, yes, you would have to be a registered business to apply for a WMI number.
There may be another route but I need to speak to another colleague who is on leave at the moment.

I am not sure if we have approved a kit car to date so the ATC’s may not have experience with this type of IVA but NSAI would work through it with the ATC. If any of the Braking and Emissions testing are required the ATC would not have the facilities to carry these out.

For donor parts, if they carry type approval marks these can be used to identify approval. If not, you would need to identify the part and obtain the relevant documentation from the manufacturer.

When my colleague returns I will speak with him and get you an update.

All times are GMT +1. The time now is 11:25 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.