Haynes Forums

Haynes Forums (http://www.haynes.co.uk/forums/index.php)
-   Announcements (http://www.haynes.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Janneīs buildpictures! (http://www.haynes.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=3168)

Bonzo 4th August 2010 08:29 PM

Cracking job there Janne

That is some fantastic progress you have made :)

I must say, that sump alteration is one of the tidyest jobs I have ever seen :cool:

Very, very nice to see a Roadster in Red .... Mind you, I would say that because I have chosen Red too :D

Gives me a nice preview of what mine might look like some day.

Well done Janne & hope you are back to full fitness, real soon :)

Enoch 4th August 2010 08:46 PM

Wow, that is some job you are doing there - very impressive. I would say that's about the best quality I have seen, certainly makes my efforts look a bit weak:)
You should be very pleased with what you have done so far, the finished car will be absolutely spectacular.
Enoch

mark 4th August 2010 08:58 PM

I thought i kept my build neat and tidy with attention to detail even on the small insignificant things but that is pretty immpressive for an amateur build :)

Keep up the good work and pics like that will be good inspiration for people having a slow patch with their build

Looks like you will be on the road soon although it will be a shame to get that one dirty! but you wont be thinking about that when your blasting down a country lane!

Ive done 1200 frantic miles already in the few months mine has been on the road :cool:

These cars are an absolute credit to chris and anyone else who helped bring the roadster to the grasps of "us lot" :D

Janne E 11th December 2010 04:26 PM

I thinks it time for a little update, the buildprogress goes a bit slowly but somethings is done.
The bodywork except thr front wings is done, coolingsystem is done, alu. panels is done and the fuelsystem incl. a pair of new Weber 45 is done
next job is the elechtrics and instruments.
After that itīs time to fire it up......

Enoch 11th December 2010 05:50 PM

WOW. That is an absolutely stunning job. I don't think it gets any better than that, you should be extremely proud. I have been working on mine today, I'm glad you don't live next door, I would be a bit embarrassed by my efforts:)
I love the colour and the quality of you work is clear to see. Well done, that man!!

AshG 11th December 2010 05:52 PM

janne like it a lot that pinto looks a bit nice

HandyAndy 11th December 2010 08:45 PM

Janne, that Roadster is absolutely stunning, WOW, its an amazing build , the attention to detail is fantastic , I keep looking at the photos & keep finding even more quality details, WOW indeed :cool: :cool:

If ever you come to the UK, can you stop by & clean my car to that standard please :eek: :D

Well done Janne......amazing job.

cheers
andy

davidimurray 11th December 2010 09:55 PM

Wow wow wow wow and did I mention wow. That is a gorgeous build - absolutely stunning!!

flyerncle 11th December 2010 10:26 PM

Words dont do any justice to the quality and attention to detail of your build Janne, OUTSTANDING !

monsterob 11th December 2010 11:08 PM

this is stunning !! have you kept a log on how many hours youve spent on it ?

mine will never look this good and im jelous ! :o

K4KEV 12th December 2010 10:51 AM

Efffin hell....that is aWWWWWsome, got to be one of, if not THE tidiest,neatest builds in the solar system. Kudos to you bud, so want to be in the same league as that.

Janne E 12th December 2010 10:56 AM

Thanks for your nice words boys Iīm almost blushing :)
I donīt dare count how many hours I spent in the garage I see it like therapy;)

Janne

flyerncle 12th December 2010 11:18 AM

Janne,the column and u/j's what are they from if you dont mind me asking,I have seen something similar on a certain persons website but am reluctant to order from him.

Thanks.

Janne E 12th December 2010 01:13 PM

Flyerncle, Rally Design have them:)

AshG 12th December 2010 01:20 PM

janne i just noticed something. you are missing a clip off your fuel pressure dial on the right hand side. wouldn't want it to come off and ruin all your hard work.

Janne E 12th December 2010 01:57 PM

Thanks Ash, I knowed it but it is easy to forget such small but important things.

Janne

spud69 12th December 2010 02:35 PM

AMAZING.....WOW....STUNNING

Thats all i can say.

Well done Janne.......;)

AndyH

flyerncle 12th December 2010 02:55 PM

Thanks Janne.

Nice car :cool:

John.W 12th December 2010 06:52 PM

A Lesson to us all, the attention to detail is outstanding, If mine turns out half as good as this I will be happy.

Keep up the good work Janne, I can't wait to see the end result specialy as mine will be LHD and with a 2.0 Pinto

Love that Roll bar. Can you tell me why you need the extra joint in the steering system? I thought it wouldn't hit anything if it was made out of 1 straight bar?

Hats off

Bonzo 14th December 2010 01:08 PM

Awesome Janne

Your latest update didn't dissapoint Janne :cool: :)

The Roadster is going to be absolutely stunning once completed

Well done, your attention to detail is going to pay real dividends :)

Janne E 15th May 2011 09:57 PM

Hi boys!!
I think it`s time fore a update..
First I want to show two new toys I have in the workshop

Itīs much easier to work with the car when itīs a meter up.
And a AC/DC Tig is just really fun to play with...:D

Janne E 15th May 2011 10:04 PM

Thought maybe someone was intrested of how the looks like for the moment.

Hopefully the car will be at the road in the end of the summer...

Bonzo 15th May 2011 10:13 PM

Looking awesome Janne

Your build has come a long way Janne :)

Looking fantastic .... Just the inspiration I need :cool:

May I ask where you got your dash instruments from, I have been lookig today & couldn't find any I liked.

Love your floor mounted lift platform, that must be real handy :)

flyerncle 15th May 2011 10:13 PM

A real credit to your hard work Janne :cool:

MarkB 15th May 2011 10:17 PM

Very pretty..:)

HandyAndy 15th May 2011 10:22 PM

One word

:cool: Stunning :cool:

Oh ok...a few more words,

Janne, your Roadster looks fantastic, the attention to detail is amazing all thru your build, A very nice car indeed :cool: .

May i ask.....is that a footrest to the left of the clutch pedal?

cheers
andy

les g 15th May 2011 10:41 PM

lovely looking car
jealous of the underlift and the size of your workshop
but i think you ought to check your car
in one of the pictures its being stolen by a very dodgy rough looking geezer in a stripey shirt lol :D
cheers les g

flyerncle 16th May 2011 01:58 PM

You spelt workshop wrong Les,its "surgery".;)

TheArf 16th May 2011 08:28 PM

hI Janne love the build is definatly the bench mark to work too, I just noticed the steering rack bracket, and would like to build mine the same, do you have any dimensions by some chance

Arfon

Janne E 13th October 2011 11:06 AM

Hello boys!!!

Just want to tell you what my roadster now is roadlegal and I got my numberplates:)

I have a smile from ear to ear then Iīm out driving and itīs drives real well!
Hopefully the winter will come late this year so I can got some real nice rides before the white h--l starts...

spud69 13th October 2011 11:14 AM

EXCELLENT Janne,

Thought you had been quiet for a bit and that is the reason why, and a bloody good reason. All in time for the good weather coming to, in about 6 months.....:eek:

Well done, we know it was a lot of hard work to get to where you are now but it looks like it has all been worth it.

Very Nice......:) AndyH

will_08 13th October 2011 11:33 AM

Your roadster is very impressive well done Janne.

I like your number plate too!! :D

Janne E 13th October 2011 11:35 AM

Yes it was a lot of work and some problems... but with friends like you Andy everything was sorted out:)

Janne

TSM Locost 13th October 2011 11:37 AM

Very nice build. Cracking registration No. ( Somebody was going to say that so thought i would ) :D

brainbug007 13th October 2011 11:53 AM

It does look really good! I bet you just look for excuses to take it out for a spin now :)

Bonzo 13th October 2011 01:51 PM

Fantasic news Janne

Hi Janne

Reading that your build is now on the road has bought a huge smile to my day :)

I have been following your build progress avidly.

Your Roadster has turned out fantastic & is everything that I hoped my own build would be :cool:

A huge well done on such a well built car, you should feel very proud of your achievement.

Enjoy the drive :) :)

HandyAndy 14th October 2011 08:32 PM

Wow, what a stunning Roadster , nice one Janne :cool:

I noticed you have changed your mirrors from an earlier photo, did the original mirrors cause you a problem at the test ?

cheers
andy

Janne E 14th October 2011 09:42 PM

Thanks for the nice words boys:)

Handy, the only problem I have with the other mirrors was that I didnīt se anything but the rear wings in them:rolleyes:
Now I have three models of mirrors Iīm not wich I will use.

In fact the tests went really well, not a single thing they complained at!!

They were really nice, in the paper they wrote 105hp:D

2.0L Pinto skimmed and ported head, FR32 camshaft, twin Weber 45:s
105hp.... HIhihihi

Janne

mark 14th October 2011 10:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Janne E (Post 66482)
Thanks for the nice words boys:)

Handy, the only problem I have with the other mirrors was that I didnīt se anything but the rear wings in them:rolleyes:
Now I have three models of mirrors Iīm not wich I will use.

In fact the tests went really well, not a single thing they complained at!!

They were really nice, in the paper they wrote 105hp:D

2.0L Pinto skimmed and ported head, FR32 camshaft, twin Weber 45:s
105hp.... HIhihihi

Janne

Your right, I would have thought more around the 95hp mark :D

Only joking of course!

Nice car

Janne E 5th April 2012 07:58 PM

Hi boys and girls!!
Itīs really time for a update it has been a long and boring winter but I have making some upgrades with my roadster...

First I changed the cylinderhead to a head with big valves and fully ported and pollished from JE Motors.

Next job was to change to a 2.4 ratio steering rack and I got new wheels and new Toyo R888 so now Iīm only waiting for better weather.

The engine has been set up and runs fantastic... but itīs extremly cold in 120 miles an hour without helmet when itīs only +4 degres