Haynes Forums

Haynes Forums (http://www.haynes.co.uk/forums/index.php)
-   Running gear (http://www.haynes.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   upright mushrooms (http://www.haynes.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=3426)

degmwilliams 10th January 2010 11:43 PM

Iv used the search and couldnt find what i was asking, you dont need to answer any questions if you feel its a problem, i was asking my question to who ever wants to reply!

RAYLEE29 11th January 2010 10:11 AM

Sorry I didnt mean to sound rude
ask away thats what were here for
had a quick look there used to be a thread all about the offset but appears to have disapeared
what i meant was sometimes its quicker to search than to ask as most of the answers are there already
seems this one got taken by the hacker
Ray:)

flyerncle 11th January 2010 05:51 PM

Dont qoute me on this but I think anti dive was mentioned that is built into the Sierra front geometry and the combination of the offset mushroom and the way the Roadster setup works corrects it all ie kpi/castor angles camber self center etc.
And again no quoting but people have had problems using central holed mushrooms,because of the self center requirement in the IVA.

spud69 11th January 2010 06:28 PM

With the cheaper centred adaptors mine drove fine but wouldn't self centre for the SVA, had to put lots of toe-out on and pump tyres up to get them to pass. Changed them to the offset adapters after with the holes right at the front and all is fine now. Cost more but you've got to have them......;)

Talonmotorsport 11th January 2010 06:47 PM

Now if we could just find some one who supplies these for a cheap price....mmmm

degmwilliams 11th January 2010 07:01 PM

Thanks thats sorted things out, like you say just need someone to start selling them abit cheaper, thanks for the good info.

Talonmotorsport 11th January 2010 07:25 PM

If I can get an order for 10 pairs of ALUMINIUM mushrooms I can do them for £35 a pair plus the postage of £3 to the uk ,any body interested?

Add your screen name to the list by replying to this post with quote and editing.

gingea1pom 11th January 2010 07:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Talonmotorsport (Post 28881)
If I can get an order for 10 pairs of ALUMINIUM mushrooms I can do them for £35 a pair plus the postage of £3 to the uk ,any body interested?

Add your screen name to the list by replying to this post with quote and editing.

1.GingeA1POM

First on the list, unusal for me

TSM Locost 11th January 2010 07:45 PM

There may be a good reason why this cant be done. AS the offset is approx 7.5mm, why not use std cheap mushrooms and either mod the top arms or just move the top mounting brackets back 7.5mm. This would keep the king pin angle correct and have self centering with improved castor.

tkpm 11th January 2010 07:59 PM

Originally Posted by Talonmotorsport

1.GingeA1POM
2.tkpm