Haynes Forums

Haynes Forums (http://www.haynes.co.uk/forums/index.php)
-   SVA/Legal (http://www.haynes.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   'E' marks (http://www.haynes.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=8302)

K4KEV 20th July 2012 01:24 PM

'E' marks

I have just had a scour of the IVA manual with regards to lights and If I am not mistaken rear lights and indicators do not have to be E marked:eek: ....can anyone verfiy this or correct me if I am wrong.....the only mention is when it is a combined unit and the fog and rear are 100mm apart an E mark apparently confirms this.

skov 20th July 2012 03:05 PM

As far as I can tell only the rear fog light needs to be e-marked (and the headlights if they are gas-discharge type).

brainbug007 20th July 2012 04:29 PM

I think fog lights have to have an E(or e) AND an F(or f)?

skov 20th July 2012 09:06 PM

From the manual:
All rear fog lamps must display an “e” or “E” mark with a “B” or “F”

Big Vern 22nd July 2012 12:54 PM

I must say that seems odd as it was a requirement of the SVA, I know'cos I failed. (small round lucas lamps - reason for failure lenses not E marked)
Wonder if I could get a refund on the retest fee?

K4KEV 22nd July 2012 01:15 PM

BV have a look at the current iva manual and tell me where it says all rear lights require E's....I will probably play safe but I am going to put front indicators on that are not e marked and take a set with e marks (to be safe), but I would say according to the manual you probably are entitled to a refund:)

Big Vern 22nd July 2012 09:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by K4KEV (Post 76276)
BV have a look at the current iva manual and tell me where it says all rear lights require E's....I will probably play safe but I am going to put front indicators on that are not e marked and take a set with e marks (to be safe), but I would say according to the manual you probably are entitled to a refund:)

I've looked and connot find a reference to e marked lenses, like I said I wonder if I can get a refund on tjhat SVA retest I had to do :rolleyes:

skov 22nd July 2012 10:30 PM

Maybe it was a requirement for SVA, but has been dropped for IVA?

Big Vern 23rd July 2012 01:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by skov (Post 76300)
Maybe it was a requirement for SVA, but has been dropped for IVA?

That's how it seems. Though odd as E marked lights are a requirement for all other types of euro type approval.:confused:

tazzy5918 15th August 2012 11:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Big Vern (Post 76316)
That's how it seems. Though odd as E marked lights are a requirement for all other types of euro type approval.:confused:

So...in the end...do we need an E mark and if yes..where?
For exapmle... i m using LED indicators for rear with no marks-and the shape of them is almoust the same as Donkevoorth use.
As for the head lights i use some cases from a tractor..with the same shape an sizes as Caterham.
Will it be a problem?