Haynes Forums

Haynes Forums (http://www.haynes.co.uk/forums/index.php)
-   General discussion (http://www.haynes.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   New Build thread (http://www.haynes.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=4493)

HandyAndy 25th August 2010 09:43 PM

Nice work Kev, looks like you are really enjoying yourself :D

as you are close to welding some bits together......depending on which gearbox you are fitting, keep an eye on where you place part "U7", its easy to place it in the slightly wrong place ;) :)

keep the piccies coming...when you get chance or have put the welding torch down long enough:D

cheers
andy

alga 25th August 2010 11:01 PM

Yeah, yeah, most chassis build pics I've seen had had U7 in the wrong place! Mine too!

K4KEV 27th August 2010 10:27 AM

After trying to get some practice migging in before I work on chassis I have come to the conclusion that my el cheapo regulator is not up to the job....so a quick look on fleabay tossed up a very expensive looking regulator that was due to end around 2 ish this morning....well I aint stopping up for that so I chucked a cheeky £10 bid on it....and yes you guessed it , I won......for £5.99p :eek: (£10 postage tho) so tacking up might be on hold now till next week.
Ok then do dome other stuff I think, I'm going to make another set of mushies and will be anodising in red this time to match the bodywork, can cut some steel as well, or break the doner, bloody hell where to turn next:D

spud69 27th August 2010 10:51 AM

Well done Kevin, looks like we've got another HAndy on our hands - or we're ll tight gits up north.

Them red mushies (must be magic ones) will look good in red.

All the Breast.....AndyH

K4KEV 27th August 2010 12:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by spud69 (Post 43979)
Well done Kevin, looks like we've got another HAndy on our hands - or we're ll tight gits up north.

Them red mushies (must be magic ones) will look good in red.

All the Breast.....AndyH

course we're all tight gits up ere:D ....I thought that was just common knowledge:rolleyes:

K4KEV 30th August 2010 11:58 PM

the overwhelming urge to start the chassis was too much, so I nabbed an old oxy gauge I had lying around and rigged up my mig and after a little mucking around with flow rates I got what I was listening/looking for.....that familiar cackle you get when a mig set up is running right.....test piece looks like a modern sculpture

And so another roadster is being born.....so far I have not cocked up any measurements, angles are all coming out flush, everything is staying put. Up to now I am having a dream start and progressing well.... here is where I am at with the chassis so far.
Decided to use the build table itself to do the front frame

AshG 31st August 2010 10:56 PM

Looks like you need to up the amps and the gas a little more looking at those test bits. chassis is growing very nicely :D

twinturbo 31st August 2010 11:13 PM

always nice to see a chassis growing :)

TT

K4KEV 1st September 2010 09:35 AM

Yeah I know Ash....had it turned down a little just for tacking, Intend to ramp it up some for full welding of the chassis
Hi TT it's much nicer when its your own:D

K4KEV 5th September 2010 12:25 PM

Another few rails added mainly the seatback area.....finding very much like meccano without the holes, nut & bolts great fun even enjoying cutting the steel (something no one seems to enjoy)
heres another couple of pics