Haynes Forums

Haynes Forums (http://www.haynes.co.uk/forums/index.php)
-   General discussion (http://www.haynes.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   New Build thread (http://www.haynes.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=4493)

twinturbo 7th June 2013 01:39 PM

Not done HomeBrew in 10 years, but with the brother in law moving just 100yards down the road, and having a house to himself... I think we will be starting our own brewing company.

TT

jps 7th June 2013 02:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by K4KEV (Post 90675)
slightly off topic.....gonna be enjoying a few drinks in the sunshine over the next few weeks.....just finished a 25 litre wash (alcohol) of 20% ABV at around 40p litre

For sure the various pics of the car look good. But seriously - stick in a link to how you produce 20% ABV @ 40p a litre!!! That could save us all enough to buy a lot of man cave toys!!!

K4KEV 7th June 2013 09:11 PM

sorry guys got me numerals wrong it is 80p a litre the 40p is when I cut it 50/50 with water (sacrilage I know) otherwise I'd be bladdered all the time cut it another 50/50 then its the strength of a 5% lager at 20p pint/500ml...its effin dynamite if left alone......I kmnow evtryeeed yt lo0l:p will do a write next week when I start another:D ....right must get back to the build.

K4KEV 11th June 2013 12:06 PM

been doing a bit on the trans tunnel.....yet another job which is a PIA, wish I had done it before putting on the side panels.
I have now riveted up the rear panel and the nearside trans tunnel, I have the other side marked out and ready to cut.....again I have been using double sided tape and it is working a treat, much better than messy sikaflex and no worries about whether using too much or too little#.....I will need to seal some areas but I think that is the case for everyone.

Tatey 11th June 2013 12:41 PM

Kev, don't forget to drill a hole for harness mounts for the transmission side panels, I can imagine it being a PITA to do once riveted on.

twinturbo 11th June 2013 01:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tatey (Post 90788)
Kev, don't forget to drill a hole for harness mounts for the transmission side panels, I can imagine it being a PITA to do once riveted on.

F.........k

TT

Tatey 11th June 2013 02:08 PM

TT the easiest option for you may be to get a centre punch in for the top of the tunnel and lightly indent it, this should then allow you to see from the outside of the tunnel where you need to drill.

K4KEV 11th June 2013 03:41 PM

Dont worry guys I did not miss it, the picture just shows the panel offered up I drilled all required holes before I riveted it on ( I deemed it a good idea to have some extra inspection type holes to give easier access to gearbox oil fill hole and some mounting point spanner access:) :)

K4KEV 14th June 2013 12:03 PM

Nearly finished the trans tunnel, but waiting for some rivets, so while waiting I decided I wanted to make my short shifter even shorter by around 30mm, I don't want to risk any more than that, but if I do I will make it so ~I can add "some" back on if needed....I think it is one of those thing where you suck it and see
have not threaded it yet just lathed off the thicker part near the thread down to enable a 10mm thread to be cut further down. Does anyone know what the lump off Ally does on a gearstick like this? held on with a circlip.

ayjay 14th June 2013 01:17 PM

I reckon its a damper:cool: