Haynes Forums

Haynes Forums (http://www.haynes.co.uk/forums/index.php)
-   Engine/transmission (http://www.haynes.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   its a live at last (http://www.haynes.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=8462)

baz-r 15th September 2012 06:16 PM

its a live at last

http://youtu.be/N-IBcMXc4TA

hear is somthing for all you guys (and odd few girls) as i know you all like pics and vids

been on the push the last few days out in the garage to make some progress and was thinking to myself as i finished up my coolent pipes if i bodged up some conections to my megasquirt and added some water my fully rebuilt zetec may get some life in her.

most of my setings was a mostly guess work and suprise suprise she actualy runs realy sweet and smooth but a little rich on rev up and lean on overrun

im not sure what st170 injectors flow at 3.7 bar (std black top reg) but 300-350cc is what i tried
im useing suzuki hayabusa bodys on a reworked manifold
sadly i was recording my intial start to find my phone was not actualy recording come the end as i struggled to do everythin one handed :( .
i never knew it would even run with the crank pickup polarity back to front but it did with sync errors (was rich and hunting like a pig but fired up straight off) but i did get the take two after a rewire on the vr pickup

ran even better after i synced the throttles cyl2 is not getting quiet enough air in the vid

baz-r 15th September 2012 06:20 PM

oh the sound is real bad in the vid btw must be my phone?

Eternal 15th September 2012 06:40 PM

WOW great work! your phone cam has some strange lens thats for sure lol makes me feel a bit ill watching the vid :)

Keep it up and you will be finished in no time!

baz-r 15th September 2012 06:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eternal (Post 77967)
WOW great work! your phone cam has some strange lens thats for sure lol makes me feel a bit ill watching the vid :)

Keep it up and you will be finished in no time!

just me shaking it about as im checking bits and bobs i was a bit panicy as my motors got new rings,mains,bigends,bigend bolts and spray jets fitted and 136bhp s/h cams its never been run until today!

weeped a bit of oil as i didnt pit a small amount of sealent under the cam cap :o
had to bleed a little air out the top of the rad as it pockets a little too

Eternal 15th September 2012 07:04 PM

Alot of work on that engine that's for sure. Great to see it all working cant wait to start my engine been allmost 2 years >_< hope it still works!

Johno 15th September 2012 07:35 PM

Way to go.....:D

Engine looks really good along with t/bodies and exhaust...:cool:
I was looking forward to the defeaning roar when you blipped your throttle but I guess it was too much for the olde phone.
Cmon Baz pan the camera out about next time and show us the rest of the car and use something that reproduces "SOUND"....LOL:D

What you have showed us is seriously good so stop teasing and ... show us everthing...:D

Johno

baz-r 15th September 2012 08:40 PM

look how sexy her ports are :eek:

baz-r 15th September 2012 08:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Johno (Post 77972)
Way to go.....

Engine looks really good along with t/bodies and exhaust...:cool:
I was looking forward to the defeaning roar when you blipped your throttle but I guess it was too much for the olde phone.
Cmon Baz pan the camera out about next time and show us the rest of the car and use something that reproduces "SOUND"....LOL

What you have showed us is seriously good so stop teasing and ... show us everthing...:D

Johno

nope im only showing of her dirty bits online the rest of her is mine in the flesh :rolleyes:

Johno 15th September 2012 09:18 PM

Woooo too big....:eek:
Could you resize the photo so it fits on my 50" plasma screen plz...:)
Whats that a "Locost Builder" LOGO.... my eyes... my eyes...LOL
Cmon Baz cross over to the dark side..... "The force is strong in this one"
Nooooooo "Walk into the light" bugger too many film prompts.

Put a basket on the front and fly it in the front of the moon.. get a grip man...
Nice job buddy keep it up.

Johno

gaz05 16th September 2012 09:30 AM

Nice to see the cams getting a run Baz. Did you get your bodywork form Saturn/Nts? I got a scuttle second from Nathan that's exactly that colour.