Haynes Forums

Haynes Forums (http://www.haynes.co.uk/forums/index.php)
-   Announcements (http://www.haynes.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Loony's BEC Roadster Build Thread (http://www.haynes.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=6165)

loony 15th January 2013 08:07 PM

Little update...
In October I made build table...

My little helper...

Then I brought steel

loony 15th January 2013 08:10 PM

And the battle with chassis began...

loony 15th January 2013 08:13 PM

Front frame

I'm not happy with the result - I think I will have to make one again... but I'll see how it fit to the rest of chassis.

But it's cold outside, I'm sick (some kind of flu) so I orginised my work different ;)

loony 15th January 2013 08:19 PM

One guy from work has lathe, I draw some sketches and he did for me some parts:

Crush tubes, bush tubes... with DIY polyurethan bushes (I made them myself from two-component polyurethan resin)

It's just an example - I got whole set of them...

Front camber adjusters, sleeve tubes and rear camber tubes (?):

DIY sprocket adapter almost ready (SAE1140 flange)...

Need some welding...

... and then turning/balancing...

Tomorrow I plan to weld it but balancing/turning have to wait until water cooled lathe defrost and start to work again...
Next week I will have catalytic gas heater - maybe this would help keep me warm while building.

ayjay 15th January 2013 09:34 PM

Looks like you have all the skills to make an excellent roadster:)

Looks good so far ,keep it up. The winter usually sorts the men builders from the boys:rolleyes:
You may need a nuclear power plant in your garage for Polish winters:D

voucht 15th January 2013 10:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by loony (Post 87905)

Hoho, I think I recognize this layout :)
Good and rewarding to see that other people use it, and that this layout has not only been used once on my table. Still available from my Google documents

And it is still immaculate, it will not last :D

And by the way, you look to be doing a very good job, so congratulations. Polish winter should be at least as harsh as the Swedish one, and I have to confess I don't spend that much time in the workshop, so double congrats :)

wylliezx9r 16th January 2013 12:55 PM

I've got a full stainless steel exhaust system and manifold that would suit your car if you are interested ?

Cheers Dan

loony 17th January 2013 07:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wylliezx9r (Post 87918)
I've got a full stainless steel exhaust system and manifold that would suit your car if you are interested ?

I thought you sold it with the engine...

It's all about the money ;) I don't know how much it could cost in Poland to make one (probably much cheaper then in UK) and what's good deal for me.

Beside, I'm not sure if it suit my car/engine position (as to the right as possible) but with little modification should be OK.

Is this photo flipped or... I don't know how this fit zx9r ;)

Do you have any photo of it on the car ? (I saw only your old manifold)

loony 17th January 2013 04:13 PM

TIG welded DIY sprocket adaptor - ready for action ;)

loony 25th January 2013 08:37 PM

Last purchase:

10GBP - and only one problem - I got no key to ignition barrel... It would be my first barrel breaking in life :)

Genuine MOMO hub (K4524) - I tried it on my column and looks like it fits...
Apart that I already have Raid steering wheel (different PCD)... but for 6,40GBP - I couldn't resist... I'll have excuse to buy snap-off adapter ;)

Next week I'll get another column - adjustable one and OEM Sierra steering wheel...