Haynes Forums

Haynes Forums (http://www.haynes.co.uk/forums/index.php)
-   SVA/Legal (http://www.haynes.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   Lack of build diary. (http://www.haynes.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=1313)

Bonzo 30th December 2008 12:07 AM

Lack of build diary.

During my recap of some of the posts that I have missed during my absence. I have been looking at some of the splendid build diary's.

It has now dawned on me that I have no photographic record of my build to date. :eek:

My chassis is all but complete and have no photograpic evidence of a self build. I do have all the reciepts for the materials bought for the build.

Is it likely that this will cause problems with DVLA when registering the completed project.

I think I may very well have cause for concern. :(

jasongray5 30th December 2008 12:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bonzo (Post 8789)
During my recap of some of the posts that I have missed during my absence. I have been looking at some of the splendid build diary's.

It has now dawned on me that I have no photographic record of my build to date. :eek:

My chassis is all but complete and have no photograpic evidence of a self build. I do have all the reciepts for the materials bought for the build.

Is it likely that this will cause problems with DVLA when registering the completed project.

I think I may very well have cause for concern. :(

Why not just borrow some of someone elses early build photo's, they probobly all look the same to the person acessing it anywho?

frankie boy 30th December 2008 12:56 AM

HI Ronnie
It would take me week to wright about the problems i had with borehamwood dvla. Took over 5weeks. The nice little india lady told me you cant make the chassis for £250. That just one of the coments from the meny hours i spent there.

les g 30th December 2008 01:27 AM

bonzo
take some photos of your chassis now
get yourself up to s j andrews and take some piccies of steel stock
take a bag of donuts as a sweetner
stage some piccies of the steel loaded into your motor
and some with you in shot as well
put steel back in appropiate racks and hand over donuts
stage some back at the ranch piccies change of clothes /weather etc then
steal some bodys build piccies
and your build diary to date is complete
continue with build and take some piccies as you go
simple
les g :D :D

Blade 30th December 2008 10:23 AM

Hi bonzo

i'll send my pics to if you want just print off a few at different stages and tell them it's your build.:D :D

Bonzo 30th December 2008 10:24 PM

Thanks

Thanks for all of the assistance folks.

Probably not need too many photos to get me to where i am now. ;)

As the good wife gave me a decent camera for christmas i'll be sure to make good use of it for the rest of my build.

One thing I did ponder. Perhaps a certificate/statment of self build would cut the mustard with DVLA. :confused: