Haynes Forums

Haynes Forums (http://www.haynes.co.uk/forums/index.php)
-   Chassis (http://www.haynes.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Big day (http://www.haynes.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=2163)

spud69 20th January 2010 06:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AshG (Post 29290)
just borrow spuds passenger one. :D

Can't be and won't be done.........Sorry.........:p

Passengers wouldn't be too happy....Anyway, i have wide seats and Andys' butt would be thrown about all over the place with his little skinny frame.....He'll just have to get it done......

Janne E 20th January 2010 06:30 PM

Handy Andy now itīs the time to stop talking and start building:D

If itīs hasenīt been so long to go I should pop over to help you, I have some time over until I got my parts..

Keep working Janne

HandyAndy 20th January 2010 06:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Janne E (Post 29341)
Handy Andy now itīs the time to stop talking and start building:D

If itīs hasenīt been so long to go I should pop over to help you, I have some time over until I got my parts..

Keep working Janne

me stop talking????:eek:

thanks for your offer of help, that would be a long way to commute :D

i,ll get cracking on the car & update with some pics on this thread.

cheers
andy

mark 20th January 2010 08:00 PM

You should make a list of "things to do" i know yours will be quite large :D but it definately helps :p

I have done it and it motivates me as you tick things off, you do things in a more methodical order aswell

My car is not a million miles off being finished but once you make a list you realise just how many little things there are to do :eek:

It helps me get more done too as you dont have those moments where you are stood doing sod all for half an hour to deciding what to do next!

HandyAndy 20th January 2010 08:12 PM

cheers Mark, thats a good idea.....we,ve got long wall space to put the list on :D ....hey...the walls at Saturn unit are white so i,ll just write the list on the wall:D me thinks Spud would have something to say about that tho, lol

i,ll be honest & say that sometimes its not having the correct/parts needed at the right time that has slowed me down at times.....

the gaskets are all in place now by the way, sump painted & engine ready for fitting:cool:

cheers
andy

twinturbo 20th January 2010 09:52 PM

I have a list as long as my arm for things to do on my main project...

but I have been plugging away at little bits on each of my cars over the last week or so...

I was finalising a seatbelt repair for our mk1 golf earlier, and getting very annoyed with my welder that can work perfectly or have an erratic feed. tonight it was in erratic mode :mad: ....

Lists are good though as they help remind you of the bits you always forget about ;)

TT

Tilly819 21st January 2010 09:07 AM

hey andy, looks great, lots still to do but i nitice in your other post you have most of the big bits ready to go on/in engine body etc, should have it done in no time but dont under estimate all the little jobs at the end iv got to that stage and they are taking ages to get finished but i recon with a consurted effort you can get it done for the track day and the show

good luck
Tilly hope to see it at the show

HandyAndy 21st January 2010 10:06 AM

cheers Tilly,

yes i have alot of the "big parts" ready to fit, the main things i need to buy yet are the prop/seats/ali for the cockpit/poly bushes & tyres & i,m sure a 1001 other bits but the list is getting shorter :)

the priority at the mo is to fit the loom , & engine & get it running, hopefully i,ll be able to post the video of first engine start soon.

cheers
andy

HandyAndy 19th February 2010 02:33 PM

YEEEEHHHAAAA

:D :D

my Roadster has had its first engine start today, first turn of the key & she fired up, a sense of mixed excitement V worry in case i,d messed up the engine electrics when the car was stripped.

But she,s running & sounds great.

Big push now to get it finished.

I,m chuffed to bits :D :D

cheers
andy

Land Locked 19th February 2010 02:46 PM

Well done!!:D