Haynes Forums

Haynes Forums (http://www.haynes.co.uk/forums/index.php)
-   Chassis (http://www.haynes.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Big day (http://www.haynes.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=2163)

flyerncle 21st June 2009 09:04 PM

Nice One !;)

slimtater 21st June 2009 09:20 PM

Brilliant Andy and spud's car looks really nice as well - don't think I have seen #005 before!

HandyAndy 21st June 2009 09:27 PM

Thanks guys , i,m still on a high after today.

whats the chances of 2 Roadsters within 11 miles or so of eachother, both owned by 2 andy,s & both the same colour ???? :eek:

can,t wait till mines finished & Spud & i go for a "sunday afternoon drive , sedately thru the countryside, enjoying ourselves" :eek: :D

people will think they,re seeing double :D
cheers
andy
ps do you want another photo?

turboporscheandy 21st June 2009 09:32 PM

thers definately gonna be 3 built within 11 miles and by another Andy too lol! mind saying that I really have to do mine a different colour to orange now! thanks again to Spud 69 as I havent stopped grinning all day either-cheers guys!

Bonzo 21st June 2009 10:03 PM

That is a smashing set of pictures Andy :)

A massive well done for reaching this stage of your build.

spud69 turning up with his car must have made a great day even better

Well done to both Andys. :cool:

That photograph of the two cars together, just looks so right :)

Going to be a memory that will last a lifetime :cool:

HandyAndy 21st June 2009 10:16 PM

Thanks Ronnie,
myself & Turboporscheandy (thanks mate ) had just seconds before got my chassis off the build table & then Spud69 turns up :D it was perfect timing, we had all sorts of neighbours coming out of their houses to see what was going on
to see mine alongside Spuds thinking that one day mine might look half as good is a very nice feeling & really spurs me on with my build,
i think the neighbours finally understand why i,ve been in the garage for the last 11 weeks with the angry grinder, me shouting at the mig etc, seeing all sorts of bits going into the garage & now they see this :eek:
heres another photo from today

the wife now finally believes that i,m not having an affair !!! well not with another woman at least :D
cheers
andy

HandyAndy 21st June 2009 11:24 PM

here,s another photo from today,
i really like this picture as its almost the skeleton & the full bodied version behind. :cool: :D

its the before & after shot , could almost be 2 photos overlapped but its really 2 cars ( well 1 & a bit ) :D

hope you all like the photos.
cheers
andy

AshG 22nd June 2009 01:04 AM

brilliant pictures mate. really good way to get motivated.

HandyAndy 22nd June 2009 01:10 AM

Cheers Ash, its just been a great day, Spud turning up totally unexpected was brill, it doesn,t get better than this without an engine in :D :D

the 2 cars look great together i think :cool:

how,s your build doing?

cheers
andy

slimtater 22nd June 2009 08:01 AM

There were some very fast orange Westies at their Curborough club sprint yesterday. Perhaps the colour does make a difference? :-)