Haynes Forums

Haynes Forums (http://www.haynes.co.uk/forums/index.php)
-   SVA/Legal (http://www.haynes.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   VIN Number - Chester DVLA (http://www.haynes.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=6248)

nath 5th April 2011 02:29 PM

VIN Number - Chester DVLA

Has anyone had any experience with Chester DVLA and getting a VIN number? I sent a letter asking them for a random number about 2 months ago but have heard nothing since.

I want to get the plate stamped, welded & chassis painted but still no VIN. Just wondered how long everyone else had to wait for theirs, before I chase them for it.

Cheers,
Nathan

jiwillia 5th April 2011 03:35 PM

Receieved my VIN back from Exeter DVLA in two days.

cheers John

deezee 5th April 2011 04:45 PM

I got my VIN from Chester DVLA in around 5 working days.

leroybrown911 5th April 2011 07:01 PM

Same I got mine back from Chester within a week and a load of other forms I will need later in the build. Did you use the example letter off the forum?

nath 5th April 2011 07:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by leroybrown911 (Post 56643)
Same I got mine back from Chester within a week and a load of other forms I will need later in the build. Did you use the example letter off the forum?

Yeah I used the sample letter from AshG... I think I'll give them a ring tomorrow and see if they got it.

Cheers,
Nathan

leroybrown911 5th April 2011 08:59 PM

yeah something dont seem right as I had a very quick response from them. I would definately ring them matey.

Leigh

baz-r 17th April 2011 12:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jiwillia (Post 56636)
Receieved my VIN back from Exeter DVLA in two days.

cheers John

whats the deal jiwillia i sent a letter in and visited both with diffrent responces
chap said i need to fill in forms for appling for a reg? all realy confusing

jiwillia 17th April 2011 02:00 PM

Baz-r

My letter to the DVLA was based on Ash's original letter. In reply I received:

1. Form V842 filled in with the VIN number. This is headed "Allocation of a Vehicle Identification Number". This will facilitate the registration later on (after IVA) This form will need a garage to confirm with a rubber stamp and signature that the VIN has been stamped on the chassis.

2. A bunch of relevant blank forms for registering the car. These included:

a) V627/1 Built Up Vehicle Inspection Report

b) INF148 Info for Licensing and Registering Your Vehicle Using V55/4 or V 55/5

c) V55/5 Application for a First Tax Disc and Registration of a Used Motor Vehicle

I think the key to this process is to take one step at time.

cheers John

monsterob 30th May 2011 12:37 PM

sent my version of ash'd letter to chester over a month ago no response ! rang them got a call back they left a message on my machine that they'd not received anything !!!!!

very annoyed with royal mail !
rather than chance it again im going up there wednesday !

nath 30th May 2011 07:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by monsterob (Post 59475)
sent my version of ash'd letter to chester over a month ago no response ! rang them got a call back they left a message on my machine that they'd not received anything !!!!!

very annoyed with royal mail !
rather than chance it again im going up there wednesday !

Same thing happened to me but I got nowhere chasing it up by phone. So I resent the letter recorded 1st class and I got a VIN back within 2 days!

If you don't get chance to go to the office, just sent it recorded 1st class.

Nathan