Haynes Forums

Haynes Forums (http://www.haynes.co.uk/forums/index.php)
-   Bodywork and interior (http://www.haynes.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   KPD Seats?? (http://www.haynes.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=8287)

ashbudd7 17th July 2012 12:58 PM

KPD Seats??

Hi all,

I'm coming up to the point where I need to weld in the seat brackets and wanted to buy the seats and runners together to position it all correctly. What I wanted to know is, has anyone bought or had any experience of the KPD seats recently? I did see, though, an old post on here about them being a bit flimsy but that was a year or two ago if I remember correctly. I've also considered the "soft" seats from kitspares but I wasn't too impressed with the photo - the vinyl upholstery looked all loose?! Open to any other seat suggestions, but I don't want to spend a fortune, to give an idea, I saw the JK Composites seats and pads but was going to make the pads myself (well get them made by a family member :-)) to save the cost, and again although lovely looking seats, they are another £100 without runners. I've also seen the triton seats but again they are a little bit much at the moment :-(

Thanks

Ashley

brainbug007 17th July 2012 02:20 PM

I'm planning on using a couple of center rear seats for a mk1 renault scenic. They fit really nice width wise and attaching the runners will be easy too. I'll just have to do a bit of work to re-cover them.

ashbudd7 17th July 2012 02:58 PM

That looks like a good solution, just had a look on eBay too, not badly priced either. Think I'm leaning toward the grp seats though, just not sure on which ones!!

Cheers

Ash

twinturbo 17th July 2012 06:19 PM

I went with the KPD ones, they seem ok.

There may be an upgrade in the future , but that will be the same with a number of aspects of the car . engine, wheels, seats, etc may see attention over time as funds and ideas allow.

TT

ashbudd7 17th July 2012 07:00 PM

Yea, I was thinking that too, there will be many upgrades in the future and as long as they're not dreadful (what I was worried about,) then I think they're worth a punt. Cool, cheers TT

davedew 18th July 2012 01:32 PM

The seats & runners I am using are from KPD. They seem pretty good for the money. Have a look at the picture below to help you decide.

ashbudd7 19th July 2012 08:29 AM

Cool, that looks great Dave! The seats look a lot better quality than they do on their own website, is the upholstery nice and tight in yours then? I know that sounds a bit OCD! Might go for the soft ones after all then.

Cheers

Ash

davedew 19th July 2012 09:24 AM

They are pretty good. I was quite pleased when they arrived as I had also heard stories of them not being well made.

ayjay 19th July 2012 05:57 PM

I've got a pair---they are a nice comfortable fit and pretty well made for the price.

robo 19th July 2012 10:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ayjay (Post 76179)
I've got a pair---they are a nice comfortable fit and pretty well made for the price.

My mate is a 38/40" waist :eek: do you reckon he would get in those seats?

Bob