View Single Post
Old 11th March 2015, 01:01 PM

Build is looking very good Ross and lathe is a stunner now it's painted!

How are you planning on stopping the pedals from falling forwards? I only ask as I have now got to the stage where I am finishing my pedal box, I've found the polymer bushing with 8mm bolt through it to be a poor pedal pivot solution when used with the bent brackets to stop the pedals falling forward.

You need to the pedal pivot bolt loose otherwise you end up clamping the pedal to the pedal box but the bent brackets need the pivot bolts tight to provide enough clamp load to prevent them from rotating.

To solve this I'm going to make some crush tubes (1/2" OD) to fit inside the bushes (drilled out to slightly larger than crush tubes OD) which are slightly longer than the bushes (about 0.5mm either side), meaning the pedals will rotate about the crush tubes instead of the bolt. This is the same method used for the suspension bushes but I'll have a bit more clearance between the crush tube OD and the ID of the pedal bushes so that its a smooth pedal movement.

I'll let you know this weekend if it works as expected .

My Build Blog: http://www.haynes.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=2736 - Last Update: 31st October 2020

Total Spent so far: Stopped counting