View Single Post
Old 17th July 2015, 03:59 PM

Hi,
I was away, and just read this thread. Thanks for the nice comments about the brake lines.
I stopped working for the company making the brake lines, so I have to check with them how we can manage further orders... not sure about that...

Neil, have you figured out how to route your rear lines?

As said above, front and rear circuit should be separated, and if you use the original donor master-cylinder, you have two ports at the front of the M/C for the front lines (one to the left front calliper, one to the front right calliper) and 1 port at the rear of the M/C for the rear lines. Then, this brake pipe/line should be split in 2 with a tee-piece.

Personally,
- I preferred routing the brake pipes/lines, on the upper tubes of the chassis as much as possible. They are more protected this way. But with this set-up, the brake fluid reservoir should be above the level of the highest point of the brake circuit (safety in case of a leak)
- I have welded the rear brake lines bracket on RS7/RS7a, I think it makes more sense than where the book says to weld them (closer to the rear brakes and above the rear top wishbones)
- I also put the tee piece directly on the left rear bulkhead fitting, so it is less pipes, fittings, clips, etc., as on the pictures below:

2014-03-22_17-46-53 by Sylvain ROIG, sur Flickr

2014-03-22_18-17-26 by Sylvain ROIG, sur Flickr

2014-03-22_18-17-42 by Sylvain ROIG, sur Flickr

Do not hesitate to contact me on my personal email if I can be of any help.

Thanks and good luck!