Thread: Wiring Loom
View Single Post
Old 23rd April 2009, 09:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RAYLEE29 View Post
im sure someone will be along in a mo to criticize but they always do.
That will be aimed at me then lol

Building you own loom shouldn't be difficult.In most of our applications it is, as previously mentioned, a case of just fitting wires between parts. If you've managed to build a chassis then the loom shouldn't be a problem. It seems to be that people don't like working on electronics because they can't see where problems occur. Most problems can be solved with simple continuity tests. Intermittent faults are more troublesome, and the only advice I can offer is to build the loom well from day one. Ensure everything is propely soldered,crimped, insulated and supported/strain relieved. If you have any doubt as to how good the connection is then remake it. Better to spend another few minutes and a few quid now than hours fault finding later. I speak from experience as I setup a new FI system on an engine a couple of years ago. Not having a base map or any settings, I calcualted them all and tried for 4 weeks to get the engine going, getting to the end of my tether a new loom was made just in case, and would you believe - started on the button. The motto of this story - quality,quality quality!

Cheers

Dave