Thread: Mot/iva
View Single Post
Old 4th June 2009, 11:22 AM

DVLA update

Just got of the phone to DVLA....

MOT after registration, 3 years from date of first registration not date of IVA pass, this applies to all vehicles tested under the new IVA regulatons, i.e Q, age related, new registration.

Advise from DVLA, do not MOT before IVA or indeed after IVA unless instructed to do so or until 3 years has passed, to do otherwise will only confuse the computer based system causing you, and only you, trouble in the future.

The person i spoke to is very well aware of the confusion and also intimated that VOSA would look at the registration number as the age of the vehicle and give advise on that when the advise should be given on the age of the vehicle, i.e. first registration. They also said that as far as they are aware the new IVA regulations has not affected the registration process as DVLA sees it.

Now this was only a phone call so i have emailed the DVLA with the same question i put to them over the phone.
When i get a reply in writing i will post it as an attachment on this Forum and the others that i regularly visit.