View Single Post
Old 14th July 2009, 03:15 PM

I havnt posted on here for a few days, but have been busy building for some of them. I have now completed the transmission tunnel and almost done the steering wheel supports. I couldnt finish the rear section as i havent yet bended the 19mm tube at the back. I have also made all my suspension/shock brackets and many of the chassis plates, although if i were to do this again i almost certainly woould buy the chassis plates from 3ge as it would save alot of time and hassle. I hope to start to get the suspension brackets on either tomorrow or on thursday, but id say im making good progress. My evo rage 3 blade is wearing out quickly and im now using the angle grinder much much more to cut metal, which is a shame.

The biggest development for em however is getting a ford sierra!! After much hunting i found one about a 40 min drive away which was taxed and mot'd till august. Its a 1.8 cvh unfourtunately with a type 9, although i thought it would have an mt75 before i bought it!!
Its a 1992 h reg and done only 80k, whcih matches the past mot certificates(was worried it may have done 180 or 280k!!) HOwever im getting wuite alot of smoke when i rev it up fully, otherwise it seems fine. Its a good car, shame im taking it apart really. Oh yeah, paid £220 for it, but the person drove it here for me so saved me a 1 hour 20 min drive and petrol and insurance costs!!