View Single Post
Old 6th August 2009, 09:27 AM

Talking Can I play

Ohhhh............... I do love a good debate, some have said that I am a master debater, or at least I think that's what was said !!??

Many of you may well be aware that it took me over a year to decide on what engine/power to use

Now I like to read a lot, I am also willing to learn from those who are more qualified than me.

My chioce was made after a long discussion with a former, competition racer of the 7 type chassis.
The same guy also runs a sucsessful engine & car performance company.

He is of the view that a well tuned 150 BHP engine is about the right power for the 7 type chassis.
His words were " If you are looking for a lot more power, choose a diffent chassis " . His view on what to do if you actually want to make full use of the power available.

My point !!??

Although I don't doubt for one moment that the Roadster chassis would be unable to cope with massive amounts of horsepower & torque.

How are you going to be able to get all of that power onto the road & make full use of it

Reworked chassis & mid engine per chance !!??

The boat example puts over a point nicely. My yorkshire Cobble went just as well with a 6HP motor as it did when fitted with a 15HP one

www.roadster-builders.co.uk