View Single Post
Old 9th August 2009, 08:13 AM

Hi Andy, if you are still thinking of using your 1.8cvh it already has a trigger wheel & crank sensor on it, and if you later change to a zetec it also has a trigger wheel & crank sensor on the flywheel.
I found some GSXR 600 suzuki throttle bodies on Ebay and they were very easy to respace, whilst I was looking for them at autojumbles though there were far more carbs available than throttle bodies.
Edis modules & coil packs are still about in scrapyards if you look, just take a photo so you know what to look for, although the later Fords combined edis with the PATS within the ECU & hence are not really of much use to you.
I have been told that if you use carbs for the fuel side then you can get away with the ignition system from a Ford HCS (Fiesta 1100/1300) this looks like an edis module but has a Red inset plate on the front of it saying HCS. Wiring diagrams for these & edis are readily available, just Google them.
This would not be programmable obviously, but it will get you mobile and may be worth a try in the short run? You have my number, call if you are unsure,
Dennis