View Single Post
Old 21st November 2009, 12:21 PM

I must apologise if some of the folk reading this thread are confused or perhaps think that my comments were out of order !!

To clear up any confusion, i'll give you a brief history of the reason as to why I have reacted as i have.

Quite some time ago ( About the same time as the great forum meltdown ) a new forum member invited comments on the subject of welding.

I posted in this thread, thinking that this member would appreciate some constuctive commet from a welder with over 30 years experience in all forms of welding.

As this user was using a hobby MIG of low'ish power. I made the sugestion that he tried using .6mm wire.

The advice to use .6mm wire did not go down too well with some of the forum members. It contradicted the .8mm recommendation in the book !!

Now, I don't mind being told that I am wrong .............but what I can't stand, is being told that I am wrong without the technical reason as to why !!

What hurt me the most is that not one single forum member came to my defence or offered any technical reason as to why I was wrong ??

I vowed from that day on, never to offer advice or comment on any topic concerned with welding.

This brings me back to the subject of my reaction to comment made in this thread.

Quoted bellow is the part of the post that caused me personal offence.

Not particularly bothered about the comment, just the way it was noted !! .

I saw this as a sly personal dig & aimed squarely in my direction ( Not the for the first time either )

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talonmotorsport View Post
bet that fella's not using 0.6
wire

If any of you chaps feel that my comments were out of order, then please accept my appologies.

I for one, would hate to see this forum decend to the same level as so many tend too

EDIT

Just checked the thread, one person did come to my defence.................. Sorry about that Paul, how could I forget that, must be geting a bit senile ??

www.roadster-builders.co.uk

Last edited by Bonzo : 21st November 2009 at 12:36 PM. Reason: More text !!