View Single Post
Old 1st January 2010, 11:30 AM

hhmmmm where do i start....

my wife bought me the book for my birthday in november 08, did a 3 month welding course starting in january at night school, during that time registered on this forum & found that a Roadster had just passed sva & was less than 11 miles from me, during my welding course met up with Spud69 & his Roadster....wow that confirmed it.. i,m gonna build one of these

completed the course by march, bought the steel & made the first cut on april 2nd, having to build my car at mothers garage 7 miles away & had the chassis on wheels with suspension and steering fitted within 11 weeks,

During my chassis build went to the Stoneleigh show & met some great forum members, had a great time & spent more than planned
That show highlighted even more that i wanted to get my car done, as from the start when i got the book everyone i came into contact with made me so welcome to the "Roadster world".

Over the summer had a few moments of not building due to finances but thanks to a few folk kept the motivation, then the highlight of the year for me was being invited to a track day with Spud, wow what an experience that was, i still think of it with a huge childish grin, lol

Then a major turning point was being asked to join Spud in his Saturn Sports Cars venture, to be asked by someone to join their venture by someone that i held in such high respect as he had a "finished" Roadster was a very humbling event, since then i haven,t done much work on my own car but am determined to try & keep my promise of having my car at stoneleigh 2010 .

I,d like to say a huge thanks to the many forum members who have helped me along the way so far in my build & to Spud for the countless trips out in his car & to work alongside him at Saturn.

Who,d have thought 15 months ago i would go from receiving the book as a prezzie to where i am now.... working & building Roadster,s as my main occupation

Again, thanks to the members of this forum & a few special friends amongst you that are the inspiration of my build.

I,d like to thank Chris Gibbs for changing my life for the better, thanks Chris

Happy New Year to you all & wish you a Roadster productive 2010.

cheers
andy