Thread: turbo charging
View Single Post
Old 1st February 2010, 11:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davey View Post
"You can get loads of turbo engines up to 6500 rpm with out the turbo giving you more than 2 psi."

I'm sorry for being controversial but that is the biggest load of spherical sperm producing organs I've heard yet!

If you're engine is doing 6.5K RPM then you're turbo is doing upwards of 20KRPM and by its very nature it will be producing serious boost.

Any turbocharger installation that produces a meagre 2psi at those sort of speeds isn't worth having!

D.
Your just not listening I'm not saying you can get turbos that only make 2psi at 6.5K am I? I'm saying if your drive normally you can get an engine to 6.5K without going on full boost. Its not like at 3K you suddenly get 1bar boost whether you like it or not!. Thats what your wastegate is for.

The point I'm making is managed turbo engines only give you full boost when you ask for it. They are perfectly drivable engines and not some unforgivable monster people on forums make out.

Would I have a 520bhp/Tonne Caterham R500? Yes I would. So whats wrong in trying to get just halfway there with a Haynes?