Thread: Hi Guys - New
View Single Post
Old 10th March 2010, 11:59 AM

Default Hi Guys - New

Hey guys and gals

im Russ, i live in Wiltshire and im going to be shortly looking at starting my first kit car build.

I have stripped and rebuild/modified many cars over my 11 years of driving, and i also have 2 jobs, i work for VW during the day and buy and sell cars at the weekends, so this will be a long term project.

The thing is, i was hoping you may be able to shed some light on a few things for me, im looking at purchasing a ready made chassis, then gathering and building the rest on my own.

The problem i am facing is im not sure on what to do about the size of the chassis.Im aiming to use the 'build a sports car' book, and do a basic 'book build', but the thing im not confident onis the chassis. I have a few companies who build them ready to the books spec, which is perfect for me. The chap i have been chatting to says he can add inches to the chassis if i require it as im 6 ft3 and most of that is leg, but im not sure how to know how much extra length is needed?

Also, as far as im aware, the width of the chassis from transmission tunnel to side is 18 inches, im average build, mostly arms and legs so im trying to work out how big the chassis will need to be, is there anyone out there who is roughly 6ft3, long legs and about 12-13 stone who could give me an insite to the size? (long shot but worth a try!)

the chassis is build to the heynes build yourself on the
a sports car book measurements, are these ok and correct?

I have ordered the book ,and hoping it will turn up before the weekend.

Thanks in advance, and i apologise about the rookie questions, i just want to make sure im going to do it all right!