Thread: Zetec and IVa
View Single Post
Old 11th March 2010, 10:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russ_16v View Post
Lol thanks Andy (did you get my pm?)

Its not messing up my plan, so you guys think its going to be easier to fit a Pinto/CVH, get through the IVA then swap to a Zetec, than fit a Zetec, and try to get it through the emissions?

Did they make a pre 92 2.0 Zetec?
yes got your pm, will reply shortly, sorry, had busy day at Saturn & spent a few hours working on my car

not trying to "tell" you what to do but the easiest route for me personally , i,m using my engine from my donor ( 1.8 cvh ) from a car that i only paid £150 for with tax & test, BUT that car also gave me ALL the donor parts i needed, I have the log book in my name & the docs match the engine number etc so when IVA time comes for me I can prove the age of the engine etc & helps to ensure a smooth process of the paperwork side of things & the emissions that my car will be tested on.........

If my engine "goes pop" once on the road etc its an easy swap to the zetec...cvh & zetec have the exhaust on the same side ..same engine mounts , use the flywheel & starter from cvh engine & hey presto = easy engine swap .

sorry to go on

cheers
andy