Thread: Zetec and IVa
View Single Post
Old 11th March 2010, 11:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by twinturbo View Post
Who's car was that then?

The Minker Management was a Zytec ECU.

TT
Correct, his name is Stu, he is a member of the XR club, not regular though, its a lovely car, im redoing the loom soon, its been rebuilt by Alan Jeffries, big valve heads, sodium valves, lower comp bottom end, made 286 bhp and 270 lb ft torque with very conservative timing, just under 1 bar of boost, a restrictive exhaust and TT225 intercooler, we are hoping for over 300/300 once we have made a few more adjustments, i have just got a new cooler for it today actually

Quote:
Originally Posted by HandyAndy View Post
like for any engine change in any car,,,,,,,,,,,,,

If you change the engine after a car has been registered you have to inform DVLA of the new engine number as this then confirms if you stay in the same "road tax " class..... i,ll explain.....

hypothetical scenario....
if you had a car on the road that lets say had a 1300 cc engine & you change it to a 2.0ltr zetec then you must inform the dvla to ensure their records are kept up to date & you would be then charged the appropriate road tax for your new engine capacity,

build your car, enjoy it for a while ( 6 to 12 months), get used to driving a "7" style car , then think about upgrading your engine,

cheers
andy
Cheers Andy thats what i thought