View Single Post
Old 12th April 2010, 09:04 PM

12 Apr

Well it’s been to long without an update, 43 days to be precise. All the usual excuses I’m afraid busy at work and being away during the week so the weekends become important family time etc etc.

Any way a little progress report before I start back in the garage tomorrow.

Finally the Sierra got picked up.

[IMG][/IMG]

I reamed out my uprights, by hand. It took a while but there was plenty of checking to make sure I hadn’t gone too far. They are both done now the picture is just for comparison.

[IMG][/IMG]

I gave some Deox-C rust remover a bash on one of the uprights. Little lesson, which seems glaringly obvious when you know the stuff is water soluble, remove all traces of grease and oil first!

[IMG][/IMG]

I was lazy on this one and after 4 days it has got 90% of the rust of. The next one will be getting a thorough de-greasing/oiling before being de-rusted for a few days.

I couldn’t wait to get something painted so, my newly fabricated engine mounts got the good news.

1, Two coats of etch primer
2. Two coats of gray primer
3. Two to three coats of orange
4. Two coats of lacquer.

[IMG][/IMG]

All from rattle cans just to see how they look.

I have ordered a Mk II polo radiator today, hopefully it rocks up before the end of the week so I can get some bracketry fabricated and I want to get the nose and rear tube fitted then removed back to the safety of the loft.

Cheers Ginge

I was building but I am not now!

Build Pictures

Build Thread