Thread: My progress
View Single Post
Old 18th April 2010, 05:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonzo View Post
That's a fair comment if you dont want to make the passenger seat adjustable

On my build, just don't see number one son ( 6'2) and my good lady wife ( 4'10" ) being none too keen on a fixed seat position

The ole arc burn is a real risk in this weather .... Way better that a nice big dollop of weld splatter doing one of the following !!??

Drop down into your rigger boots, fly down the top of your open shirt'n fizzle down your belly or my all time favorite .... Tricky bit of overhead welding, you know, the bit that takes you ages to get in just the right position .... Frigging splatter finds its way down your sleeve & comes to a rest, right in the fold of your arm

This is when you find out if you are a true, roughty tuffty welder & if determination will overcome the pain barrier
Naah mate, the worst one is when you've spent two hours getting into a box about the size of a coffin to do an overhead weld but you can only get in by lying on your side with your arms ahead of you. Then when you make the weld a seemingly golf ball sized blob of white hot weld spatter drops into your ear hole and you can't even move to dislodge it so you just have to lie there and listen to it sizzle in the ear wax and hope your tears have dried up before you get out again .

Glad your build is proceeding, mine is definately on the back burner for most of the summer as its show season for us, first show next weekend at peterborough followed by Stoneleigh the following weekend (can't wait) then we have one show per month through till September plus weekends out for "us" time. First weekend of July is of course Goodwood Festival of Speed so that's a long weekend out.

D.
D.