View Single Post
Old 6th July 2010, 08:36 PM

Default Noob saying hello

Hi

Registered about three weeks ago but couldn't post or anything. Tried administrators etc. all to no avail.

Emailed a forum member through his own email and next day it's sorted. He definitely is a handy man is HandyAndy. Cheers mate.

About me. 52 and always wanted to build my own car. I had always imagined it would be an off roader but bought THE book about 6 weeks ago. I'm hooked. Mind you I am fickle when it comes to the next hobby.

Soon as I sell the drums I took up about a year ago and finish off the classic trailie I,m doing up for a mate, I'll have enough space in the garage. Got a stack of slightly rusty 25x25 box section from the scrappy last week which I'm going to use for a build table. Ordered a regulator and mask for the mig. It's only 90Amp but it'll do for tacking until I can get it to a mates garage to do properly. Hoping to have enough space to keep my bike but if it has to go then it'll have to go.

Like a lot it's going to have to be on a budget so could be a couple of years. Also hoping to do as much of it as possible myself to save cash.

You're all going to get sick of me asking questions so I'll start with the first one. I reckon on about 30M of 25x25 and 12M 0f 19x19. Would that be about right?

AND where the hell are all the old Sierras?

Gary