Thread: Progress report
View Single Post
Old 3rd August 2010, 08:13 PM

Red face Progress report

Evening all …. Just a quick progress report !!??

Actually, in all fairness to the trade description act. I should say, lack of progress report.

Unfortunately I have not been able to make any progress with my build this summer.
Just not had the energy & a lingering chest infection, has not been helping things at all.

I must admit …. I came very close to calling it a day & selling up !!
Good job I have the full support of my good lady wife, definitely got the knack of talking some common sense into that thick skull of mine.

Anyways, enough doom n gloom from me.

Spent the last few days catching up on all of the forum gossip.

I would like to say thank you to David for all of the hard work he put into the second, bolt group buy.
Thanks for taking the challenge on mate.

Been following Enoch’s build blog …. Booming heck, definitely some rapid progress being made there, well done Dave.
That blog still brings a huge grin to my face every time I read it …. Recommended reading when feeling a little low.

HandyAndy has made some great progress on his build …. Must say Thank you to Andy for his personal moral support, thanks buddy.

I hope all of the forum members have managed to make some progress this summer.

Here’s the highlights of my summer.

Finally got well and truly hacked off with the temperamental wire feed on my welder.
Bit the bullet & spent my IVA money on a new one.
Thanks to my local BOC summer sale it cost a lot less than expected, good result.

Pitty I have not had the chance to try the welder out yet but as you can see .... It is being well guarded .... Don't be fooled by the cute look.

After all of my research on 4x4’s Went & bought the very thing that was not even on my list !!??
My eldest son spotted it locally & at the right price.

A 1998 Jeep Grand Cherokee 2.5 TD
Quite pleased with it really, definitely a good deal more comfortable for me to drive.

I have managed to give it a quick once over, a few bit's n bobs to do before the next MOT but nothing major.
It will certainly do me for the time being .... Well, hopefully until I complete the Roadster & save for the IVA once more.

That is my summer folks

www.roadster-builders.co.uk