View Single Post
Old 21st February 2011, 10:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonzo View Post
It's no good, I can't keep my little secret anymore & just bursting to spill the beans so here goes

After a lot of thought, soul searching & weighing things up in my head, my build will be taking a new direction !!??

I have decided to build a new chassis for my Roadster.
Some of you may remember that I gave this some though a good while back.

A combination of things have bought me to this point.

Never was very happy with the amount of light surface rust that accrued duing my first years progress.
I had the brilliant idea of painting the chassis Red !!, I have grown to loathe this with a passion.
No build photos !! Found & joined the forum after my bare bones chassis was built. ( I had no idea of the importance of build photos back then )

After viewing the cars of Ash & Gus at Exeter show, it was evident that my build was not going to turn out as I would like.

Nothing to do with " Keeping up with the neighbours ", I just want my build to turn out to the best of my ability & on the buget that I have available ( Sure you all know what I mean )

My second chassis will be built using a Handy Andy Flat Pack Chassis kit
Saw them for myself at Stoneleigh show last year & to say that I was well impressed would be an uderstatement.

The Handy Andy chassis will save me a huge amount of time, certainly going to save me some energy, a precious commodity for me most of the time.

Sorry Andy, quite happy to let you do the graft

I anticipate that this new task will not set my build back by a great deal of time.
Once my new Handy Andy chassis is fully welded, brackets & all, dependent on the weather i'll either be spray painting with 2K Epoxy mastic ( Prefered ) Or have it all blasted & powder coated.

Another major factor is that both of my lads have expressed an interest having my old chassis to build a track day car.
I just happen to have enough spare donor parts to make that a reality for them both.

That will explain why I have recently been fabricating new components

I'll keep you all posted on my progress.
He,He.
i had a feeling you was gonna do that
you must of said it three times at least when we was slurpin tea
i guess i,m almost surprised it took you this long to go for it
and would i be right if i guessed that this version will have a .....
2.0L redtop in it ?????
thats what my money is on anyway
cheers les g
all the best mate