Thread: Engine number
View Single Post
Old 5th April 2011, 10:14 PM

Red face Engine number

Unable to do any work on my build for the last few days, I have been drawing up a mental to do list.

I remembered that when I was cleaning up my Zetec engine, the engine number was no longer visible.
Looked on the usual surfaces where it would normaly be located & nothing to be seen

What do you folk think my best option would be !!??

I have a copy of the donors V5C & am 99% sure that the engine is original ( Former long term customers car )

I have a set of number.letter punches but obviously they are not going to be the right font & the IVA examiner will know that the engine number has been re-stamped, is this likely to create problems for me ?

Take the engine to my local MOT centre to get them to re-stamp it for me & get myself the relevant documentary proof.

I have wondered if the Bar code still visible on the front timing cover contains engine number details, if so would it be best to take the engine to a Ford dealer to have the number re-stamped ?

What would you guys sugest, the last thing I want to do is throw a spanner in the works when it comes to the IVA test

www.roadster-builders.co.uk