View Single Post
Old 14th May 2011, 09:13 AM

Smile Thanks to all

Just to thank you all for your input, it is much appreciated.

After some of the very kind words I have decided to persevere with my build for the time being.

It never fails to surprise me, just how much moral support can be had within this little community.
I treasure all of the offers of assistance & moral encouragement, a true community spirit that’s for sure

After spending the last month fighting the incompetence of our local planning office, my head has not been in a very good place & probably not the best time to make such a drastic decision that I will almost certainly live to regret.

On the good news front, the battle has been won & all is now good with the world ( thanks to a little help from a friend who just happens to be a planning consultant )

Even better news, I have finally managed to find a gearbox for my Vauxhall Redtop engine …. That should renew my interest, as they say, a little comfort spending can do a power of good

Not entirely given up on the MX5 idea …. If I lower the sights a little then there is no reason as to why I can’t keep my build & poodle about in a MX5.
There seems to be plenty of them about in the sub £1500 bracket.

The trick will be in convincing my good lady that it would be a good idea

Once again, thanks to all for the moral support & for bringing me back down to earth

www.roadster-builders.co.uk