Thread: Caster camber.
View Single Post
Old 19th June 2011, 10:57 AM

No car yet, I am going to get talon to build the chassis. I have built several kit cars and after the builds have had to sort major suspension problems. The car i am finishing at the moment is a gtd 40 which is the second one of a pair we built. To cut a long story very short on these cars the caster which is adjustable has to be pushed back as far as you can get it to obtain anything like enough to bring it to spec. Obviously not enough adjustment was built in to start with. Then there is the steering rack which has to be raised 3/8" to reduce bump steer, something else that should have been sorted at the jigging stage. Then I had to send the thing off to have the whole rear of the car cut off to fit an aftermarket engine cradle fitted to lower the engine and fit an adjustable suspension system to dial out lift off oversteer that was present in the first car. None of this is cheap and in most cases avoidable if the homework is done,any alterations can be done at chassis building stage hence all the questions. This forum is proving valuable as its giving me a direction on the build. If it needs extra caster or cortina type front hubs and different type top wishbones that is the sort of thing i would like to know about as i am at the shopping stage.
bob

Last edited by robo : 19th June 2011 at 11:04 AM.