View Single Post
Old 11th August 2011, 07:50 PM

Its the age old story and when the human element is involved the crap hits the fan,there are no "grey" area's in testing as the method and reasons for refusal are written in black and white and as far as I remember the only specific must have is class 7 tyres load rating numbers.

The only way to solve the mot test problem is let VOSA do all the tests at one fixed price,ask any VOSA guy what his opinion on an item is and gauranteed you will get this answer "what does the manual say".

Its all down to the tester at the time and what he thinks the book say's but that is the way it is and as others have posted it is up to the presenter to complain at the time,but as I said before they will pray on the unwary ,as for the tester Mark mentioned he should be stopped testing as there is nothing in the manual to suggest advising braided hoses in any shape of form and he is talking rubbish.
I have tested since I was 18, and am now a lot older (55) and seen the test change over the years and some of the things they bring in are ridiculous,the condition of brake discs has been altered and unless they are totally donald ducked you cannot fail them,question this,the guy has an accident two days later and kills someone,you advised the discs and he took no notice what would happen.

If at first you dont succeed,avoid skydiving...

No parachute require to freefall,only if you want to do it twice.