View Single Post
Old 19th August 2011, 12:41 PM

Smile Well done Saturn

It will come as no surprise to the regular forum followers that I am an avid Saturn Sports Cars supporter.

Carl’s post above sums it all up for me.

Now some of you may be thinking, why would someone living in the darkest depths of the West Country avidly support a business so far away !!??

The reasons are simple really.
During my 40 odd years of tinkering with all things with an engine, I have come to know that true first class businesses are few & far between.
Boy, have I come across a few fly boys in my time, you know the sort “ We are not here and gone tomorrow “ …. “ We are here and gone tonight “

Why do Saturn have my utmost respect ?

Ever since Saturn was launched, Andy Hugil ( Spud69 ) has worked tirelessly to promote the Haynes Roadster Brand as a self build concept.
Lost count of the magazine articles I have read about Saturn Sports Cars, always the same business ethic, promoting the Haynes self build as a concept rather than promoting a Saturn sales drive.

When I visit the Saturn web site, I find it well laid out & very professional looking.
I visit the shop & find a well stocked inventory, just about everything the Roadster builder needs ( Where else can you find such a comprehensive range of products for your build !!?? )

Probably don’t need to remind some of you but for the benefit of new members & casual readers of this forum.

If memory serves me right, book car aside, Spud69 completed the first entirely self built Haynes Roadster to hit the road ( There was one other before spud’s but this was bought as a near complete car from MK )
As they say, got the book, got the T shirt, built the car & driving the dream.

As far as I am aware, Saturn Sports cars are the only company supplying Haynes Roadster parts that have actually built a Roadster to completion & road registered.
Where else is there to go for a full blown road demonstration in a Haynes Roadster.

Very reassured that Andy Hugil ( Spud69 ) always works in conjunction with the books author & Haynes.
I was most relieved to read that in the light of Chris Gibbs illness, Saturn Sports Cars has been entrusted by both the books author & Haynes to bring the long awaited Single Seater project to the market.
Very much looking forward to the books release.

One thing is for certain sure, If Saturn was geographically closer to home I would probably take a leaf out of Carl’s book & entrust the completion of my own build to Saturn, I know it would be in good hands.
That said, it may even come to that, there is nowhere in this neck of the woods that I would be willing to entrust the work too.

Sorry if this comes across as a blatant plug for Saturn, in a way, it is but credit wher credit is due & all that Jaz

www.roadster-builders.co.uk

Last edited by Bonzo : 19th August 2011 at 12:44 PM.