Thread: MX5 Donor
View Single Post
Old 1st January 2012, 10:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Vern View Post
1.6l MX-5 great basis for the haynes roadster

Ebay is a good source for copies of the Mazda workshop manual - plenty of general info on the net (flyin' miata, solomiata, targa miata) etc.

As for the LSD (that old chestnut) don't assume that because it's an import it has an LSD! Lots of so called experts at your local boozer will tell you the japspec cars all have LSD's their WRONG! and I've found out the hard way
Pre 93 VLSD only on V spec - 93-94 1.8 may have torsen 1 and 94 on 1.6 and 1.8 may have torsen 2. Only surefire way to check is to take driveshaft stubs out of diff and peer inside (if you can see gears it's NOT an LSD!)

Good luckwith the build BV
The MX5 is a great car, be even better as a Haynes roadster.
It is also quite hard in places to get a sierra as a donor. Around my area, the majority of sierra's are all bought up by the stock car racers.

Would also be good to use BMW's as there are always a good stock around my area but would need to spend alot more time to ensure everything is done correctly.
Will Sticking with the MX5 for the first build as there is the saturn guide to follow. Maybe take on the challenge once my firs build is complete.

As for the DIff will have to have a peek and see as you said.

Just bought the haynes manual off of Ebay.