View Single Post
Old 4th January 2012, 06:03 PM

Here's what I used for bushings, (a 4x4 post of nylon!) I cut a cross section at 1 3/16"(30mm) then took "core samples" with 1" (25mm) hole saw

I can't find a collar/sleeve to act as a crush tube so ill just let it ride on the 1/4'' bolt,(6mm?) I may drill and tape bushing (bush? LOL) tubes for a grease zirk

Here's with bushing installed. Went in alittle easy, if the bushing is spinning in tube, I may have to add some welds inside for grip. I saw someone (don't remember who, sorry) but they welded round bar stock on the front for stregth, I didn't like the look of that, and thought this would look better.....now I'm thinking the best way would be either add the plate or bar to back of pedals, leaving a slim profile in front.. of course it would need notched for clevis/cable clearance that way. I will quote Jack from Kinetic Vehicles, (who makes cast aluminum ones for 30/each, only 3hr drive from me!) When he said: "I'm not much of a bling guy, and its dark down there in the drivers footwell, so I don't much car!" Sorry for quoting you Jack, if your on here!