View Single Post
Old 17th April 2012, 01:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by monsterob View Post
youre going about it the right way in considering all the possibilities before embarking on the project. it seems you have your heart set on the project and your letting your head doubt it. where theres a will theres a way and they are not problems they are just solutions that need finding and all.

i used a different donor completely for the build and had my fair share of "solutions" to find but time and perseverance anything is possible. but like others have mentioned i can see it being alot more involved than a standard bookbuild.

whatever you decide its going to be fun !

The trouble is that i have wanted to build a 4x4 V6 version since i got the Ron champion book, and that was about 16 years ago , that long ago.
I am glad to see all ideas from folk as in the idea i have, as many people have tried but either not managed as with funds, time, lost interest etc etc, but upto know nobody has said it CANT be done, as it has been done but not actualy driven, maybe i am in the wrong place for some folk (purist) as in the end it could well not be a 7 style car as it is a 4x4, heavier etc, but i like the chassis plans and hope to use this. I just want to build a car, and maybe be something different, an engineering project , like many other if i do it it may never be done, but i can say i tried.
All i was after realy is what i have got on feed back, and thats it will help the control, off the mark, but not to extremes, it wont make it faster, but i dont want buckets more speed, they are fast enough.

Lets see what happens hey folks.